McRae Rally Challenge at Knockhill...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I see Meeke has announced (as i predicted last week) that he will be in a Xsara WRC for the event which see's a lot of non rally drivers take to the rallying helm to celebrate 20 years of Colin's world title...

I am heading over to cover it for RMS and a few other outlets, should be fun !

@Cooper will be pleased to hear that the RMS instagram account will be kept well up to date over the course of the two days

Last edited:

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
In your opinion what's the best day to head to this? GF is working tomorrow so would have to head on my lonesome but done that before so not bothered about that. Or we could both head on Sunday. I've had a look at the itinerary and its hard to work out what is best day to go. Living in Scotland in case you are wondering. Lol Cheers

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I am literally just charging the camera after an all day wedding here and up at 5am for my flight, i am doing all day tomorrow and sunday also, the wife flies in tomorrow tea time and will join me on the sunday.

hard to know what day will be best, i would imagine there will be some more spills and slides etc tomorrow as the drivers get used to the stages with sunday being a little more heated on the time cards.

Hard getting my gear culled into a bag that will go on a plane as hand luggage lol

21724_1589368947982049_2696779297467768673_n.jpg

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Was thinking tomorrow would be better day but would prob enjoy it more with company. Should be good anyway, looking forward to it :grinning: that's a well packed suitcase. Hope you have room for a change of boxers at least lol. If i see you about I'll give you an 'RMS' shout out lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Meeke wasn't legible to compete due to the age of the car and as a museum car had to go easy, it had just got a new engine and box too.

So on SS1 he damaged the bumper, wing and quarter on a bale. As he was not competing so to speak he gave the car serious manners and after the French boys gave the thumbs up he done circles like the true norn iron lad he is lol

Great fun and the forum last night was emotional but more banter than I've heard in a long long while.

Ali McRae took the win and bogie was trying real hard all weekend.

Report once I get back home

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.