Meeke refuses to remain knocked down in Spain

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - The 2017 World Rally Championship has been one of turbulence for Dungannon driver Kris Meeke, however on Rally Spain at the weekend, Meeke stamped his authority by taking a convincing win. "It's not about how many times you get knocked down – it's more about how many times you get back up – I've had to do that a few times in my career, let me tell you" Meeke exclaimed at the finish line. Coming into the 2017 season, Kris, alongside Killarney navigator Paul Nagle, were bookies favourites to take outright honours having spent most of the previous year developing the all-new Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team, C3 WRC and as such seemed to be coming to the start line running. However on Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo, the opening round of the championship in January, things didn't get off the to start we all expected and on SS4 suspension damage was sustained followed by a severe lack of confidence in the cars mannerisms over the mixed surface of tarmac, snow, mud and ice.
Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Cess

RMS Staff
The only hope Citroen have of getting anyone faster than Meeke is to sign Ogier. But I see that David Evans (Autosport / MN) ran a story that Citroen WRT do not have the financial clout. For example, their Wales GB test is taking place in France, or as he put it not even " a proper forest, in the proper country".

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.