Meguiars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
do the whole car tog et the benefit perhaps, if its old original red paint it can b hard to sort, might need a buff?

Baz C

Banned
wingnut said:
I done a bit of the quarter panel yesterday evening. Done the paint cleaner stuff, then polish, about 3 coats I think, then 3 coats of the wax. It done absolutely nothing. Not sure if I'm applying it right or unless the car's as good as it can be atm as it's pretty shiney as it is..

its not much use lad (y)

Baz C

Banned
he said it pretty shiney already, meguiars 3 stage doesn't do much worth talking about.

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
Your better of with the gold autoglym than the meguirs 3 step wax, I was really disapointed in the meguirs stuff. The autoglym is a **** to get off tho.

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Raging, I assumed the meguires would of been a good job. The car has been T-cutted and polished with Mer about 2 months ago, so probably too soon to know any real change anyway.

nicolec2

RMS Regular
Drives
2x Mini, 1xEunos
do you think mer is the best to use then? thats the one in the blue sorta bottle with the gold lid??? my da got it a while ago and i used it on the clio was chalky to take off...was gonna try meguiars but if mer is better id get it again...autoglyms a pain to take off

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
wingnut said:
Bought some Meguiars Deep Crystal stuff today. I got the Paint Cleaner, Polish and Carnauba Wax. What's the best way of going about doing this for ultimate shine and longevity?

wow, how co-incidental, i just used this today on my bike and holy crap it is good stuff, took out some small scratches and left a superb shine.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Mer imo is rubbish also, leaves an ok shine tho, but it seems to have quite a bit of "cut" in it, and its dusty as anything!!

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Venom I think I'd be as well just using it on the bike :worried:

Mr Sheen is also good for polishing a bike, true bill.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.