Mercedes comercial mechanic

colin84

RMS Regular
Bit of a long shot here, but could anyone recommend a mechanic that would likely be able to change a timing chain on a 313 sprinter? So far any comercial garages don't want to do it, my usual mechanic can do it but doesn't have the room to work at it.

I've already tried Creevy Autos but they say they don't work on Comercials. Spoke with Mercedes themselves and they haven't a clue. Where do all the couriers etc get their work done?

TIA.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Worth checking with McGladreys in prince regent road? been a long long time but think they had a workshop and are almost exclusively Merc

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
Worth checking with McGladreys in prince regent road? been a long long time but think they had a workshop and are almost exclusively Merc
I was an apprentice in there way back when 🤣 but then they sold new and used merc commercial and could do all mechanical work to them.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I was an apprentice in there way back when 🤣 but then they sold new and used merc commercial and could do all mechanical work to them.
I did mine round the corner in Roundabout Tyres, someone else from my class went there that's what brought it to mind lol

colin84

RMS Regular
OP
colin84

Is this the van hire place, or am I getting them mixed up? See creevy Autos told me to try McGladreys, but when I phoned them the girl said we are a hire company, we don't do servicing. Afterwards I seen an ad on Facebook with the same phone number that I rang saying servicing and repairs!

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Is this the van hire place, or am I getting them mixed up? See creevy Autos told me to try McGladreys, but when I phoned them the girl said we are a hire company, we don't do servicing. Afterwards I seen an ad on Facebook with the same phone number that I rang saying servicing and repairs!
Exactly the place, although i'm not sure if they still do servicing it was over a decade ago I was last there.

What year was that, I was there from 2004-6.
A little after you, it would have been 08-09, then NI Trade Sales on Beersbridge after that.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I did mine round the corner in Roundabout Tyres, someone else from my class went there that's what brought it to mind lol

OT, but I see Wally must’ve sold out to Kerrs. I was up that way last week and noticed the Kerrs sign.

gary87

RMS Regular

McGladderys don’t do service work anymore.

My mechanic mate could probably do it, but it’d probably be a month away. He’s in Randalstown. If he couldn’t do it sooner, he might know someone who would?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Try GUS Commercials in Mallusk, they work at Merc vans and lorries.
That's a great shout. I know one of their now retired directors, he was also a huge part of Rent-A-Merc back in the day.

I am pretty sure most of the GUS rental fleet are still Merc's.

colin84

RMS Regular
OP
colin84
McGladderys don’t do service work anymore.

My mechanic mate could probably do it, but it’d probably be a month away. He’s in Randalstown. If he couldn’t do it sooner, he might know someone who would?

That would be great, although I may try GUS on Monday first as they're just up the road.