Mercedes GLC 220d URban edition

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Looking some feedback and or reviews on the above?

I appreciate the urban is just styling, but any one owned a GLC etx?

Positives, negatives?

170Bhp DSG.

Thanks.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Screenshot_20190216-220257_Google.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
We had a GLC from new which her mum then bought off us at which point it continuously shat itself due to adblue problems and ended up going back to Mercedes for good. That was the 220d engine though so doesn't apply to the one above.

Good comfy car though, still very car like for the size of it with the added benefit of being higher up. Nice big boot also

The front wheels skip along the surface when maneuvering at full lock when parking, some people complain about it but it's a trait of that shape C class in general. GLC is worse than normal C due to the 4x4. For all the time you're ever at full lock though it never bothered us.

Oh and her mum replaced the GLC with another GLC which has been fine so far.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
We had a GLC from new which her mum then bought off us at which point it continuously shat itself due to adblue problems and ended up going back to Mercedes for good. That was the 220d engine though so doesn't apply to the one above.

Good comfy car though, still very car like for the size of it with the added benefit of being higher up. Nice big boot also

The front wheels skip along the surface when maneuvering at full lock when parking, some people complain about it but it's a trait of that shape C class in general. GLC is worse than normal C due to the 4x4. For all the time you're ever at full lock though it never bothered us.

Oh and her mum replaced the GLC with another GLC which has been fine so far.
Ok cheers. 3 years warranty so.fingers crossed.

How was MPG?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Ok cheers. 3 years warranty so.fingers crossed.

How was MPG?

Mpg was mid 40s on a run, high 30s day to day.

Is it the 9 speed auto in the one you're looking at? If so it's a good box, real smooth and can't notice it changing half the time.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm only noticing above that you have 220d in the title lol, the 170bhp threw me a bit there.

Is it not 194bhp like the E class? I can't remember what hers was now, I know there wasn't much really between the 220 and 250

KevM

RMS Regular
220 is a 2.1 170 bhp
250 is a 2.1 204 (I think).

The 2.1 can be noisy and should have the older 7 speed, which can be laggy and slow to react.

If that sounds like I’m running it down lots, it shouldn’t. It’s just what you’d notice being ultra-critical. It’s the same engine & box that’s in our E Class and it’s never bothered me.

Last edited:

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
I'm only noticing above that you have 220d in the title lol, the 170bhp threw me a bit there.

Is it not 194bhp like the E class? I can't remember what hers was now, I know there wasn't much really between the 220 and 250

Nope apparently it's 170bhp. The new C220d is 194BHP and 9 speed.

All sounding good.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Nope apparently it's 170bhp. The new C220d is 194BHP and 9 speed.

All sounding good.

Had a GLC urban out for a day as a courtesy car, really liked it, that’s about the height of my feedback though lol, oh, that and I think the urban edition wheels look really well

Have a C220d coupe out at the minute, it’s got the 194 engine and it really moves by any standards...!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.