Mercedes lane assist

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Is there any way of permanently turning off lane assist on a ‘22 GLE? It’s awfully harsh and quite dangerous in some overtaking situations etc. and turning it off every time the car restarts is annoying.

Last edited:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
As the owners forums would say: RTFM, which I think translates to Read The Full(?) Manual…

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
It’ll be a legal requirement for emergency Lane keep assist but you should be able to deactivate the non emergency assist

However it shouldn’t intervene during overtakes if you indicate?

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
It’ll be a legal requirement for emergency Lane keep assist but you should be able to deactivate the non emergency assist

However it shouldn’t intervene during overtakes if you indicate?

It’s a legal requirement to be fitted to vehicles and remain on now?

It’s the most horrendous “driver aid” ever installed on a car. I’m yet to drive a vehicle where it’s actually positive, given that most of our roads aren’t in a state of worthiness to remain on 1 side of the line all the time.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Forms part of the NCAP ratings.

Have to manually turn it off every time I use our Etron. Does my head in.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
It’s a legal requirement to be fitted to vehicles and remain on now?

It’s the most horrendous “driver aid” ever installed on a car. I’m yet to drive a vehicle where it’s actually positive, given that most of our roads aren’t in a state of worthiness to remain on 1 side of the line all the time.

Yeah the emergency intervention is mandatory

The additional more proactive intervention can be switched off in our cars (JLR) which I do

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Is there any way of permanently turning off lane assist on a ‘22 GLE? It’s awfully harsh and quite dangerous in some overtaking situations etc. and turning it off every time the car restarts is annoying.

Wife had the collision avoidance stuff on her Merc A class. 100% with you.... It's actually dangerous. Massive jerk to the left or right side, would nearly put you in the hedge - usually triggered by cats-eyes on inclines (maybe reflecting the radar?)