Mercedes ML 2010yr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
I wonder how long I'll keep this. <shake head>

After selling the s3 saloon I was looking for something that was big enough for the dog and pram, plus didn't cost the earth which hopefully means I don't get so pi55ed when it arrives home with a kerbed rim or parking ding. Every week washing the s3 was Russian Roulette in my head, and given I only drove it once a month to the petrol station, it wasn't sitting well having cash sunken into it. Thankfully, a private buyer collected the S3 a few weeks ago and I started looking for cars that ticked boxes on size, looks and much lower buying costs than the s3 or Q7 before it.

I was tempted with a lease deal, cos I didn't care about the golf R too much, but a Tiguan was a 22 week wait for an R-line. Drove to Cloughmills to look at a black ML at a dealers, apparently pristine, except for the scrapes and rip in the seat. :-( I'd seen an xc60 R-design AWD which in fact was immaculate, but the private seller wasn't wanting to drop enough to make a deal (ie more than £200), and stubborn me, got back in the car and drove home, hoping they'd maybe change their mind. That was Sunday, and on Monday I was flicking through the tinterweb when I spied this. It had been on for 20mins, and I called to view that night, another drive over an hour. I've clocked up more than 350 miles in 5 days just to view cars.

When I drove to the mansion where this resided, I knew it was coming home for the wife. Only issue are the parking sensors, known fault with them.

Have to tax it- £500+ , but hey.

I'll get more pics up, but is a clean one. I'm going to stick in a CarPlay headunit (possibly rear camera) and put my plate on it.
Debadged
Audio 20 with cd-changer
Factory detachable tow bar (used twice a year for a ski boat)
Memory seats
Factory front DRLs
LED rear cluster
Full Service History
Power tailgate

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 11.11.17.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 11.10.44.png

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That is an outstanding looking machine and they are great value for money.

Only thing I am a bit meh about is the tail lights but apart from that perfection

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
That is an outstanding looking machine and they are great value for money.

Only thing I am a bit meh about is the tail lights but apart from that perfection
" She's a bit different hey" :p Yeah, not 100% on them either

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks super smart, really fresh in the white.

I just assumed you'd got the black one you posted before.

Boksic

RMS Regular
@bigpupcooper the wife must be a fine looking yoke herself if that's what you're buying her to bump shopping trolleys into and drive up kerbs!

Looks class right enough, and don't blame you for ditching the lease idea, who wants to pick now - arrive 5 months time!

Ghost

RMS Regular
I wonder how long I'll keep this. <shake head>

After selling the s3 saloon I was looking for something that was big enough for the dog and pram, plus didn't cost the earth which hopefully means I don't get so pi55ed when it arrives home with a kerbed rim or parking ding. Every week washing the s3 was Russian Roulette in my head, and given I only drove it once a month to the petrol station, it wasn't sitting well having cash sunken into it. Thankfully, a private buyer collected the S3 a few weeks ago and I started looking for cars that ticked boxes on size, looks and much lower buying costs than the s3 or Q7 before it.

I was tempted with a lease deal, cos I didn't care about the golf R too much, but a Tiguan was a 22 week wait for an R-line. Drove to Cloughmills to look at a black ML at a dealers, apparently pristine, except for the scrapes and rip in the seat. :-( I'd seen an xc60 R-design AWD which in fact was immaculate, but the private seller wasn't wanting to drop enough to make a deal (ie more than £200), and stubborn me, got back in the car and drove home, hoping they'd maybe change their mind. That was Sunday, and on Monday I was flicking through the tinterweb when I spied this. It had been on for 20mins, and I called to view that night, another drive over an hour. I've clocked up more than 350 miles in 5 days just to view cars.

When I drove to the mansion where this resided, I knew it was coming home for the wife. Only issue are the parking sensors, known fault with them.

Have to tax it- £500+ , but hey.

I'll get more pics up, but is a clean one. I'm going to stick in a CarPlay headunit (possibly rear camera) and put my plate on it.
Debadged
Audio 20 with cd-changer
Factory detachable tow bar (used twice a year for a ski boat)
Memory seats
Factory front DRLs
LED rear cluster
Full Service History
Power tailgate

View attachment 197108 View attachment 197109
Most importantly,

How much?

Also, very nice.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
That's lovely, would love something similar. Must be a big petrol with that tax band?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
That looks to be a very comfortable place to be when driving!

Nice big bus that, rather modern looking for those SUV types :cool:

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
That looks to be a very comfortable place to be when driving!

Nice big bus that, rather modern looking for those SUV types :cool:
no, just a pre 2013 derv. The Q7 was 2013 and £260, this is 2010 so not as efficient 3ltr v6

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Just got a call from the lease company..they had a cancellation so have a Tungsten Silver Tiguan R-line ready to go. 150bhp diesel dsg, not 4motion though. Surely I could last more than 24 hours without selling this..lol

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Will always be lease deals about...
That looks well Tim and as others have said the white is a nice change! Keep it for a bit!

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Gave it a wash tonight and a good poke around it. Sadly the Audio 20 system doesn't have bluetooth streaming. Short term fix is a bluetooth module to fit onto the ipod 30 pin connector. Any recommendations on these wee modules ? This should do until I work out what head unit is going in. The Pioneer SPH-DA120 I have in my dog wagon is good apart from the radio reception, which is pants. Missus has already declined that unit being fitted @Lyons @Steve what models did you fit? Carplay by any chance

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just got a call from the lease company..they had a cancellation so have a Tungsten Silver Tiguan R-line ready to go. 150bhp diesel dsg, not 4motion though. Surely I could last more than 24 hours without selling this..lol

This is nicer than a Tiguan, and it's yours!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Gave it a wash tonight and a good poke around it. Sadly the Audio 20 system doesn't have bluetooth streaming. Short term fix is a bluetooth module to fit onto the ipod 30 pin connector. Any recommendations on these wee modules ? This should do until I work out what head unit is going in. The Pioneer SPH-DA120 I have in my dog wagon is good apart from the radio reception, which is pants. Missus has already declined that unit being fitted @Lyons @Steve what models did you fit? Carplay by any chance

I have a Pioneer avh-x490dab. It seems a pretty good unit. Not carplay and I've never experienced carplay so I can't compare. Does all the usual stuff plus has a Spotify app with is very handy through Bluetooth. Also has app radio which I have not really bothered with tbh.

Full spec - AVH-X490DAB - Car Multimedia Receivers

IMG_20180428_093103.jpg

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Not much, but new head unit fitted,DAB antenna fitted, broken parking sensor replaced (now I can take off the tow bar) :grinning:, 4 wheel refurb done.

Now to get some boot badges bought and on. Think that'll do this month, skint

DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.