Mercedes Radio Wiring

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
I'm changing the head unit in a w203 c class which I believe to be a facelift model with the upgraded head unit, I have optical cables and not sure what there for..... anyone any ideas?

Also which cable is the aerial?

Thanks
20180503_194532.jpg

Last edited:

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Looks the same sort of set up as we had in the golf. I was able to buy the adapter for Ariel and the whole harness round in halfrauds

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yellow block looks to me to be aerial shud be able to get a wee adaptor if it’s an aftermarket unit ur firing in

Reactions: crx

mn5587

RMS Regular
Drives
CLK 55 AMG
Optical cables could be for audio out to an amp, when I changed mine out I had to put a new amp in and run new wires for it

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
All fitted and now fully working except the radio as I'm waiting on an adapter arriving, ended up having to run an ignition live feed from the cigarette lighter.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
The optical cables are MOST (Multimedia-Oriented-System-Transport) and are input output - it's strange that the unit worked unless it was just to feed a separate display and another non-essential audio component? It usually connects to other devices in the multimedia system.
Glad it worked for you!

crx

RMS Regular
OP
crx
Drives
Honda
The optical cables are MOST (Multimedia-Oriented-System-Transport) and are input output - it's strange that the unit worked unless it was just to feed a separate display and another non-essential audio component? It usually connects to other devices in the multimedia system.
Glad it worked for you!
The only other thing I could find was a car kit built into the armrest.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
@crx did the antenna adapter work? Ive a unit to fit into the ML , but looking like i need a twin fakra to din with phantom power

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Need to check if mine has a power up the centre pin for the amplified antenna.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.