Metal fallout removal ?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Used Purge today on our cars wheels as it hadn’t been washed in probably 4 months and 4000 miles - it made the wheel cleaning incredibly easy

Articulate and gleam took care of the rest with no issues whatsoever as well and with ultra gloss at the end it actually looks good. I can’t be bothered using hybrid etc in the Winter on the family bus as although it helps with dirt not clinging I just cannot the bothered with the extra 45 minutes or so it takes to dry the car and do windows etc

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Used Purge today on our cars wheels as it hadn’t been washed in probably 4 months and 4000 miles - it made the wheel cleaning incredibly easy

Articulate and gleam took care of the rest with no issues whatsoever as well and with ultra gloss at the end it actually looks good. I can’t be bothered using hybrid etc in the Winter on the family bus as although it helps with dirt not clinging I just cannot the bothered with the extra 45 minutes or so it takes to dry the car and do windows etc

Speak to @Woodcutter he has a fireball pydrophobic spray coat that goes on as a foam, similar to ultragloss

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Speak to @Woodcutter he has a fireball pydrophobic spray coat that goes on as a foam, similar to ultragloss
If it’s the one I have from the very start when he got it in it’s very good .think it was green in colour .actually forgot I have a bottle of it somewhere .

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
That's a LOT of fall out! Top job.

Sorry I didn't see you when you were in Mark, thanks for the custom btw!

If you think that's a lot of fallout you should have seen the state of one of my MK4 golfs after me welding in quite a few patches in the cills and using the grinder - a lot. The whole car had only what I can describe as rusty stubble after about 3 weeks. It was everywhere, even the roof was covered.

Purge removed it no problem.

The car and driveway looked like a murder scene with all the purple running off.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
giphy.gif

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Articulate best to not leave until it dries. Probably the same with purge but that doesn't seem to dry out so quickly and it doesn't need to sit very long either.

Not like they will do any damage. Articulate will just dry to a syrup you just have to wash off, but it obviously won't be effective when dried out.

Spray it on, and then cover in foam. That stops it drying out and then they can dwell together for a couple of minutes.

Personally I apply Purge to the wheels while articulate+foam dwell, and then powerhose the whole lot off.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
How long is it safe to leave Purge & Articulate on for?

Be wary. It caused permeant damage to my skyline headlights and required the whole car to be compounded. Wasn’t done by me and no idea on how it was used, but it was these products. the effects first hand. Headlights were crystal clear before. Lots of wet sanding improved them in the end.

So, always follow instructions of products.

39B3EC5B-3D25-461A-AAD8-F5703395139B.jpeg
1B2D580F-F726-4BB1-B64A-8FA50D0904FE.jpeg

Last edited: