Meteor Grey Octavia VRS 245

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Well after 9 months it finally arrived and I must say it was worth the wait! Allegedly it was the seat material that caused the delay.

Won’t bore you with the details but I specced the colour and DSG box and so glad I did. The box is a smooth and effortless drive with enough power to keep me interested. Haven’t fully tested the electronic diff but it certainly inspires confidence around the B roads. It’s a complete different drive style than driving a manual but I’d be happy to keep that experience for a track car (one day).

I requested that they slicked the tyres but didn’t wash it before pick up so I could take it to my friend Dave @Dee this morning to give the paint a bit of protection.

Firstly, we discovered a hell of a lot of fall out on the bumper...

3080678E-D60B-4A0E-A70D-833DE29344DB.jpeg

Aside from that the paint was pretty flawless so we decided not to polish and just add protection. First up was a hybrid coating then a coat of some ceramic spray. The end result was great beading and an understated shine.

F96D3CB1-AAB2-4D4E-861E-B4E27864E384.jpeg

And the finished product..

31B25278-9805-4FE3-838A-A556690BF15B.jpeg

I love the black details like the exhaust exits and VRS badge.
03AB59A3-E06A-4382-9506-ECD2736B17AC.jpeg

FF2CF21D-015E-4111-B34A-96BB66D43EF6.jpeg

The wheels have really grown on me
3E8C577B-3E81-4008-90D3-33969614B833.jpeg

E6840304-DA9B-40C5-ACC6-C9116ED7C23C.jpeg

With it being a lease I won’t be changing anything with the exception of adding some mud flaps and rubber mats for the winter.

Cheers

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That looks great, really like esp the colour. I’m sure it has the same diff my Cupra had and if so they aren’t bad and I pushed it a lot lol

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Thats the 3rd 245 I've seen now!

Mine and a Black hatch in Newcastle last weekend.

MG looks a lovely colour health to enjoy, that plate really freshens it up!

Dan.86

RMS Regular
OP
Dan.86
After 2 weeks of being custodian to the VRS, a few observations I’ve noticed. Start stop with the DSG box just doesn’t work. It’s too sensitive and seems to depend on how hard I brake. Rather annoying so if I can code it out I will.

Eco mode is only good for start stop traffic so tailored the individual setting to have everything normal except the sound and suspension which is in sport mode

Averaging 30 mpg and a tank is lasting me 330 miles roughly or a week. Hoping that will get a bit better once the novelty wears off (doing a bit more work mileage at the minute though so at least it’s paid for).

Other than that the car is great, just wish now I could give it a proper wash as opposed to taking it to Tesco for a power wash.

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
OP
Dan.86
So, waiting for my fiancées cousin to pick up a dog crate for their new puppy and my car pulls up to the house..

No pictures but its the same vrs 245, same colour and only 5 weeks old. He went for the manual with the grey interior.

It gets weirder though, his previous car was a black Audi A3 tdi sportback black edition. Clearly has good taste.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Still interested to see what these sound like from outside.

The internal noise is not bad, but you hear feck all even with the windows down bar the turbo spooling!