MFSW Retrofit 2007 Octavia

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Hello Peeps

Car in question is a 2007 Octavia Elegance Estate 2.0 FSi Auto with Stream radio fitted.

I've got my hands on a MFSW from a Superb, I've changed the airbag loom and fitted it all to the car, everything fits fine and my own airbag even works with the "new" steering and loom. I tried to code with VCDS and I'm getting Coding rejected - Error 31 - Request out of range.

I've read about coding out the stalk for cruise control but can't find anything about how to do it. Cruise, radio etc all working as normal, no lights one but horn doesn't work. Horn issue has only been present since fitting the new air bag loom so I assume this is to do with the coding of the MF Buttons?

The clock spring part number is 1K0 959 653 C which from what I can find is compatible with MFSW

Can anybody offer any advice? @pobmk4

Thanks in advance

Andy

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
had to replace the steering control module in mine as well as the slip ring,mine 2011 so not sure if yours is the same set up

Last edited:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
@gizmo98 yours is totally different

@NI_Volvo_Nut what is the part number of your steering wheel control module? Is it only the horn that doesn't work? Does your MFSW work correctly?
Thanks for the reply, think I'm heading the right direction now from advice on Briskoda, my steering controller doesn't support MFSW - 1K0 953 549 AP

They gave me this link --> Steering Wheel Control Module Versions - Ross-Tech Wiki and from what I can gather these are the part numbers which will work.
1576582024846.png

I've figured out the horn doesn't work because it is now routed via the small control box within the steering wheel. Nothing on the steering wheel worked so I have returned the wiring to pre MFSW and all faults etc on VCDS have cleared.

The guys on Briskoda are saying these aren't plug and play and will need coded via VCDS?

Thread is here --> Coding MFSW to 2007 Octavia

I'd welcome any further comment or advice you would have @pobmk4

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I used to use the CH controller as it supports both lin versions (on a type2 system).

I figured you would have nothing working for that reason, just thought I'd ask for confirmation. Yeah they all need coded to set it up for the correct spec system

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I've never tried putting type 1 controllers on a type 2 system, but I'm nearly sure I've put the CH controller on a type 1 slip ring

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
Hi guys

Back to this again, I sourced and fitted 1K0-953-549-BS (original was 1K0-953-549-AP) It has a higher software level but other than that its the same??
1578909874303.png

image.png.0a01a303acd17310dcc4d272045ef698.png

One difference I did notice was the plug circled was not there one the BS unit but is on the original.

Reason for this post - Before I start searching for coding related faults with VCDS I have the steering warning light on, would it be likely this unit isn't compatible or is it just likely to be a coding issue? Radio controls work however cruise control buttons not working but still cruise still working with the stalk which I believe is a coding issue. Horn not working either but I suspect this is an issue with the airbag loom inside the steering wheel.

Any advise gratefully received.

Andy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Slip ring maybe? Or might even just need the manual calibration? Probably neither though!

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
@Broomy Doing this myself at the minute. You'll get the steering wheel loom for around £7 and the controller for £35 - £40. The BS unit I got doesn't control the steering angle sensor but the radio controls worked immediately. Cruise needs the stalk coded out and the wheel coded in but as yours isn't coded that should be straight forward.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
@Broomy Doing this myself at the minute. You'll get the steering wheel loom for around £7 and the controller for £35 - £40. The BS unit I got doesn't control the steering angle sensor but the radio controls worked immediately. Cruise needs the stalk coded out and the wheel coded in but as yours isn't coded that should be straight forward.

Just need to find someone to fit the module & do the coding. Are you doing it yourself?