MG ZT CDTI

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
That looks right and tidy! Daily that and get a toy lol

Took it a drive around the block last night, off road obviously. Its tight as a drum, no rattles or creaks but would definitely take some getting used to as a daily, long heavy clutch & zero power until it comes on boost and I'm not sure commutes to Dublin would be its forte :joy:

It is a 135 bhp @Rover Repair or @roverspeed had mentioned & the uncle did get it mapped but its no Ferrari :laughing:

Will all be down to what Mr mechanic & Mr MOT man say next week..

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
If there's zero power until 2k the maf is ****ed. If its dead after 3300rpm then the intank pump and lift pump under bonnet are ****ed. Should pull solid until 4800.

Then again depends on who mapped it lol. Glad it's solid.

Clutch fluid is likely contaminated from parking up so it will be like water rather than fluid. Good bleed helps that, but they do have a heavy clutch even when fully sorted.

Don't reverse bleed it. Eezebleed is your friend.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
So after a good few nights tinkering & not bothering to bring it to the mechanic as anything spent on it would be dead money for me I've decided to sell this on.

Really one for an enthusiast to get back to its former glory.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Much interest yet? It's well priced for what it is.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Much interest yet? It's well priced for what it is.

I thought so too Nick. Have it on marketplace, what a pile of absolute w4nkers. 'is this still available' literally a dozen times. Silly gumtree texts too but no-one serious as yet.

Its such a clean big motor but I really haven't the time or use for it so putting money into it doesn't make any sense.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I thought so too Nick. Have it on marketplace, what a pile of absolute w4nkers. 'is this still available' literally a dozen times. Silly gumtree texts too but no-one serious as yet.

Its such a clean big motor but I really haven't the time or use for it so putting money into it doesn't make any sense.
What welding does it need?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
I’m really not sure Nick, the uncles mechanic just said it would need some for MOT before he took it off the road & moved the aunt into a TT.

Looking underneath, just lying on the ground that is, all I can see needing replaced are the wishbones. Mechanic had mentioned springs but they actually look fine to me.

DJMCA

RMS Regular

Market place is full of absolute toss pots. 'Is this still available?, How much?, Take a fiver and a mars bar?, Still there?'

Same **** over and over 🙄

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Market place is full of absolute toss pots. 'Is this still available?, How much?, Take a fiver and a mars bar?, Still there?'

Same **** over and over 🙄

Absolutely, I stopped using my FB account in 2017, only used it for the very odd sale of something in that time, soul destroying the amount of imbeciles on it.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Off she goes. Hopefully the buyer is good to his word by getting it back on the road.

Never again do I want to sell anything off FB marketplace. App deleted again!

E44304B2-88D8-46F9-B6DE-F31E0C6DBC01.jpeg

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Lol. Back up for sale for £1250. Ramp inspection must have been bad lol.

He will never ever get that even if it was mot'd

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Lol. Back up for sale for £1250. Ramp inspection must have been bad lol.

He will never ever get that even if it was mot'd

Jesus Mary & Joseph... :eek: Best of luck to him, with the timewasters I got at £560... he'll need it..

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Jesus Mary & Joseph... :eek: Best of luck to him, with the timewasters I got at £560... he'll need it..
Ad says car will be sold with full MOT so he must be doing the welding ;) :joy: ....or filling it full of isopon lol

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3
Ad says car will be sold with full MOT so he must be doing the welding ;) :joy: ....or filling it full of isopon lol

In fairness, I did look underneath when he was loading it, definitely needs wishbones, possibly a subframe, couldn't really comment on the welding as I didn't know where to look for that.

By the time he does those few bits & pieces, taking in the purchase price & figure in what he will actually get for it, he wont make a fortune. Unless he has a man on the inside at the MOT centre, then its a different story :laughing:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
OP
Lappintyre
Drives
Model Y / M3

Problem is now after tinkering with the MG I have a taste for something to keep me interested.. Called about this, but not sure if the seller is being 100% forthcoming with its condition underneath when he response to 'is there any rust underneath etc' was 'not that I know of, its a £1500 car, you get what you pay for'. He wasn't rude but didn't fill me with confidence & its almost 2 hours away to view.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Problem is now after tinkering with the MG I have a taste for something to keep me interested.. Called about this, but not sure if the seller is being 100% forthcoming with its condition underneath when he response to 'is there any rust underneath etc' was 'not that I know of, its a £1500 car, you get what you pay for'. He wasn't rude but didn't fill me with confidence & its almost 2 hours away to view.

Not keen on the 5dr of these personally but looks ok top side. Best colour imo

For that price you would get a nice one on the mainland, they start anywhere from £250 upwards there

I looked for a donor one here cheap and could never find one, i only wanted the engine lol