Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
I was at the last race of the season in Portimao and it was fantastic. I was keeping half an eye on the green Porsche having watched some of these videos but my main focus was on local lad Wayne Boyd in LMP3.

I'd highly recommend attending Portimao, you can see about 80% of the circuit from the top tier of the grandstand. 30 Euros for a weekend ticket and 10 hours of track action each day.

The following weekend was the FIA Historic Masters in Portimao. F1 cars from the 50s - 90s, Le Mans cars from 70s - recent, Sports cars 50s - 60s, Touring cars 50s - 70s and some Portugese classes to fill out the programme.

Moto GP was on the weekend after but I'd have been pushing my luck too far with the Mrs to disappear for a third weekend in a row.

Crow555

RMS Regular
OP
Crow555
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just finished this series. Absolutely loving how well these are put together. The also appear to be longer than previous seasons, maybe all in my head. Looking forward to seeing how they go next year now.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Just finished watching all three seasons of this over the last week or so, brilliantly put together and always on the edge as to what’s gonna happen next.

With Drive to Survive mentioned, I’ll include a link to the series Erebus in Aussie V8 Supercars done

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Just started watching this from S1E1 - Really good!!

Reactions: dub

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
A fantastic series. Only started watching recently and although he has binned plenty of GT3s he is committed and fearless, and doing well in the end too.

Dan.86

RMS Regular

Thoughts? I’m not sure if I was as captivated by this one than previous smaller episodes the last few years. I know this movie is the culmination of the previous 4 seasons but didn’t give the same goosebumps as before. Still a great watch however

RoniN

RMS Regular
Thoughts? I’m not sure if I was as captivated by this one than previous smaller episodes the last few years. I know this movie is the culmination of the previous 4 seasons but didn’t give the same goosebumps as before. Still a great watch however

The film was always going to be different, I feel this was the wrong way to go.
It lacked the intensity and edge of the seat feeling of the shorter episodes of the previous seasons.
The whole dynamic of the series shifted in the film, where it solely concentrated on Michael.
Left me with the feeling of being on the outside looking in instead of feeling like you were part of the team and everything was going on around you.

Previous seasons it was one thing everyone wanted was longer episodes.
Maybe perhaps 4 episodes say 45mins each instead of the film.

Still a great watch and hopefully The Road To LeMans continues?

Cheers

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Started watching this yesterday, really gd. Like a less dramatised drive to survive. Ritchie the pro that comes in is really impressive, hard to see too many pros coming in and being that calm and patient.