S60 D5 SE
IMG-20190725-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190725-WA0004.jpg

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I like the fella and all but I cant help thinking the organisers shouldn't be allowing this. Not a couple of weeks ago he needed steps to get onto the bike and was standing in crutches. It's not just himself but he is potentially putting others lives at risk if he isn't 100% fit.

bill

Banned
It was rhe steps that got him i bet. Everytime i have the occupational therapist out they ask can you go up steps.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Mental, he has nothing to prove and putting other riders at risk isn't helping anyone. That doctor that passed him fit could have a lot to answer too if things go wrong.

Going up steps to get into your house is different than getting up steps to get onto a 200mph machine.lol

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
wise up, I've seen riders getting helped onto their bikes in moto gp. he is far from 100%fit but he can still ride a bike.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Fair enough, but I'm still amazed at how he was passed fit. If his pelvis is really broken then that is some going today.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just to clarify, I wasnt slagging MD off or being disrespectful. I was giving my opinion about a matter. Which is kind of the point of a forum.

Congrats to MD and fair play to him for getting back on the bike so soon after a major accident and injury. Also massive respect to the DR.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Funnily enough a fractured pelvis dosnt hurt as much on the bike - its getting on and off that's the big pain factor!

Wish I had thought of steps when mine was fractured in 4 places View attachment 246813
So ,itโ€™s fractured in 4 places,you can hardly walk,you fall off again and potentially paralyse yourself for what gain .??im just curious not running you down in any way.
I totally loved our years of rallying but never in my wildest dreams would I of got into the car with a shattered pelvis.maybe I just need to man up And stop being a fairy.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
So ,itโ€™s fractured in 4 places,you can hardly walk,you fall off again and potentially paralyse yourself for what gain .??im just curious not running you down in any way.
I totally loved our years of rallying but never in my wildest dreams would I of got into the car with a shattered pelvis.maybe I just need to man up And stop being a fairy.
Am not running any down but he is In a different class

yvo6

RMS Regular
Its something you cant explain the ultimate effort just to get out again. Before racing I would have thought the same as you but it becomes like an addiction to get out racing - but the Ulster GP is a special place to race and waiting 12 months if you miss it without doing everything you can isnt the way i think. x