Microfibers

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Are these all the same aka ones from screwfix compared to detailing sites or is there a spec to look for?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Not all microfibres are created equal! :grinning:

Depends on what job you want them for, some are better for application, some are better for buffing. I honestly don't know enough to be able to recommend specifics - I've been trying to avoid any contact on the paint to stop swirls etc.

When Ive had to, I've been buying edgeless 70/30 blend ultra plush from online detailing product sellers.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
There are sooooo many variations!

We have MF cloths that are 90p each, right up to the massively thick and plush Fireball Teddy Bear MF towels which are £20 each!

Last edited:

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
Hmm so will the 90p ones ruin paint when buffing off sealants waxs etc?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
A5D80697-DA49-4F38-8890-57A2CECAD35A.jpeg

Hard to beat these for the money

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The Kirkland ones are good general purpose, and fine for all but the softest paints, however I find after a wash or 2 they lose softness and they get relegated to the dirty jobs, great value though.

The rag company and microfiber madness are my two favourite suppliers for MFs.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Hmm so will the 90p ones ruin paint when buffing off sealants waxs etc?

I wouldn't personally, doubt the quality would be great and would likely leave swirls. Check out the link above. Generally the higher the GSM the better, edgeless further reduces the chances of marking paintwork.

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Think the next time I’m home I’ll bring a pallet of Kirkland microfibres home with me.