Milky / cloudy chrome trim help

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Following this as mine is all cloudy. I’ve googled it before and I think there is no cure.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Jim White from White Details showed a product in one of recent videos that fixed this. If i've time later i'll have a look.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
does autosol not bring them up?
We would get the odd customer in work complaining of milkiness on the ‘chrome’ trims on their VWs down to whatever chemicals they use when washing. Autosol brings them back up no issues but it takes a lot of effort.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I sometimes use Autoglym SRP which brings chrome up ok under most circumstances - sometimes its too far gone though

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
I've had great results with brasso before - try in an inconspicuous place first though.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Just tidied up a mates S-Cross at the weekend and the roof rails are damaged with either over-concentrated product or some other kind of staining. I used Nevr-Dull to lift them, but the damage was still there underneath, but definitely improved the look.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
As far as sorting milky plastic-chrome trim goes, I’ve been there, done that and failed every time. It’s impossible!

I buffed the windscreen surround on the A4 with a drop of fine paste and the rotary and it seems to have come up rightly tbh. Will grab a few photos when I'm next near it.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I buffed the windscreen surround on the A4 with a drop of fine paste and the rotary and it seems to have come up rightly tbh. Will grab a few photos when I'm next near it.

I managed to get the aluminium windscreen surround on mine to come up well too, but the chrome finish plastic stuff on my Ford has been mission bloody impossible.