Milwaukee power tool repairs?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So being a little ham fisted yesterday, I’ve managed to break the ratchet mechanism of my recently purchased 2nd hand Milwaukee ratchet. Unfortunately they only offer extended warranty if you have the original receipt with the tool.

So can anyone recommend somewhere in NI to have it repaired? I’ve tried the Repair Shop NI with no luck.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
So being a little ham fisted yesterday, I’ve managed to break the ratchet mechanism of my recently purchased 2nd hand Milwaukee ratchet. Unfortunately they only offer extended warranty if you have the original receipt with the tool.

So can anyone recommend somewhere in NI to have it repaired? I’ve tried the Repair Shop NI with no luck.

I'll not say I told you so 🙈 hopefully it's an easy repair bud 👍

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
1616433980657.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Should be an easy repair as it’s just the ratchet mechanism that needs either a small part replacing or maybe even the full ratchet head?

It turns clockwise but not anti-clockwise.

Not the tools fault, rather the ham fisted tool using the tool! I smacked it with the heel of my hand in a feeble attempt to remove the rather seized calliper bracket bolts, which later turned out to require my breaker bar to slacken!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Should be an easy repair as it’s just the ratchet mechanism that needs either a small part replacing or maybe even the full ratchet head?

It turns clockwise but not anti-clockwise.

Not the tools fault, rather the ham fisted tool using the tool! I smacked it with the heel of my hand in a feeble attempt to remove the rather seized calliper bracket bolts, which later turned out to require my breaker bar to slacken!

Yeah I definitely think they're more for spinning the fasteners off after you break them free rather than for breaking stuff loose.

Would it be handy done yourself? If even to look inside and see if anything broke loose

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yeah I definitely think they're more for spinning the fasteners off after you break them free rather than for breaking stuff loose.

Would it be handy done yourself? If even to look inside and see if anything broke loose
Funny I’m half tempted to have a look myself. I’ve just found a firm in Coleraine who can supply parts as well as repair the tools. Looking at an exploded diagram on their website it seems that I can get the whole “drive” unit for £41.
If the diagram is anything to go by, it should just be a case of removing a circlip to then remove said drive.

7E920E17-61DE-4672-8CFC-762D6E481009.png

I took my gun here when I’d an issue after a balls up with the warranty on my behalf... ToolTech Industrial Equipment
That’s the very boys I’ve just found lol. Cheers Fred.
I’ve just fired Tooltech and email.

Zach57

RMS Regular
I think taking out calliper holder bolts is what caused my 3/8 impact gun to start making a funny noise 😂 (I loosen them with a breaker bar but with locktite on them they’re tight the whole way out)
I left it into tooltech this morning to get fixed, 3 months left on the warranty 😅

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I think taking out calliper holder bolts is what caused my 3/8 impact gun to start making a funny noise 😂 (I loosen them with a breaker bar but with locktite on them they’re tight the whole way out)
I left it into tooltech this morning to get fixed, 3 months left on the warranty 😅
That makes me feel a little better! 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Some would call it breaking it, I call it stress testing it 😂
😂😂 Brilliant! Well yes, now I know I can’t subject it to the same stress I nice it’s been repaired again lol.

I dropped it off at ToolTech this morning, it’s a little more involved than just removing a circlip so I’m glad I’m leaving it with the experts to have it fixed.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Dropped the ratchet off on Tuesday and have just picked it up today again, now fully operational again. Even with the repair (due to my stupidity trying to get it to remove bolts it’s not designed to) it still works out cheaper than a brand new ratchet from Milwaukee.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Must keeps these guys in mind since they are so close in Coleraine.
Do they sell new as well as repair?

Zach57

RMS Regular
I got my 3/8 impact gun back yesterday, it got a new gearbox and anvil. I left my 1/2 impact gun with them to get serviced at the same time, it must’ve been easy enough as they didn’t charge me anything for it.