Mineral Grey LCI M2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Incredible. I've done 4 road trips (inc. 2 car rallys) through Europe and its such an awesome place for a play, the Alps are just mesmerizing. How does the rico rally work, are you given a destination for every evening and its up to you to get there by whatever roads you decide?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Amazing trip and class photos!

We enjoyed our euro trip so much this year that we’ve just arranged another for next year, though this time going alone(or with a few mates). Going to do the German followed by Hungarian F1 en route, then all the usual passes again and the Ring, can’t wait!

Jonny

RMS Regular
Amazing trip and class photos!

We enjoyed our euro trip so much this year that we’ve just arranged another for next year, though this time going alone(or with a few mates). Going to do the German followed by Hungarian F1 en route, then all the usual passes again and the Ring, can’t wait!

Open invite?
Asking for a mate

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That is fantastic, some stunning views. I would love to do something like this, but have never put the effort in to research it because I doubt I could afford it. If you could, what sort of expense was involved in total?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Open invite?
Asking for a mate

Certainly, though she'll want to go off at the end and do our own thing as per this year. Would be a good road trip to the Hungaroring though via as many Alpine passes as possible!

Will keep you posted, but provisionally looking to be at the Ring for 26th July and then start from there.

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Great to see a car like that getting used on those kind of roads. I’m seriously tempted by an M2...

If you're half tempted, take a run in one. I don't think anyone has described them as the height of luxury, technology or speed, but they drive so brilliantly.

Incredible. I've done 4 road trips (inc. 2 car rallys) through Europe and its such an awesome place for a play, the Alps are just mesmerizing. How does the rico rally work, are you given a destination for every evening and its up to you to get there by whatever roads you decide?

You turn up at the meeting point near Folkestone, there's a briefing and they hand you a brochure which contains waypoints for each day, eventually ending up at the hotel. They keep it all very hush hush up until that point as to the roads and hotels you're in. There was 20+ cars on our trip, so you got chatting with a few lads and ended up driving in wee groups each day, as it was up to you when you left, what time you got to the hotel, what roads you took etc. Was all very relaxed but superbly organised.

That is fantastic, some stunning views. I would love to do something like this, but have never put the effort in to research it because I doubt I could afford it. If you could, what sort of expense was involved in total?

The prices for the run itself depend on the run you do, which is on the website. Other costs being food - breakfast is included and dinner is included on two of the nights, so lunch and dinner for 5 days. Ferry to the UK is £300-400 typically, Eurotunnel is included in the price. We went through about 10-12 tanks of fuel, 50L tank, European fuel prices are much the same as here, and obviously split between however many drivers. It's realistically a £2k+ holiday all included, which in context I don't think is that bad TBH. I would rather go to work than spend anything on a holiday that involved nothing but laying beside a pool for a week, so this was perfect, always going somewhere and seeing something.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
No that is actually more reasonable than I thought, it is definitely food for thought, thank you

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.