Mineral Grey LCI M2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny

RMS Regular
i'v coded my start stop to default off using Carly app and and a bluetooth obd port. Also set my mirrors to fold on lock, easily done mate (y)
Anyway you fancy taking a wee look at mine some evening fella that would be really handy.

Sorry for the hijack @Conor

J55NI

RMS Regular
I bought mine from Amazon. You'll also need to buy the app, then some add on's depending on what you are wanting to do.

Might be handy and cheaper to pay someone a few ££. Auto folding mirrors on close is mainly what im after :grinning:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Why does stop start annoy people, especially in an auto? To me it’s a good feature as why run the engine when you don’t need to

Also it has a significant saving in both measured emissions cycles and the real world (depending on number of stops in real world) which is why it’s inplemented

Car looks great by the way!

MarkM

RMS Regular
Why does stop start annoy people, especially in an auto? To me it’s a good feature as why run the engine when you don’t need to

Also it has a significant saving in both measured emissions cycles and the real world (depending on number of stops in real world) which is why it’s inplemented

I like the fact that it helps reduce my road tax but I can’t stand it, I want to hear my new exhaust burble at idle, not the radio, it’s the second thing I turn off, after the traction control

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

I hate it on my S3 as it can cut in a bit early and you loose power steering. I actually think it’s a bit dangerous. Was the same on the Golf R too. I switch it off every time I get in the car now

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I hate it on my S3 as it can cut in a bit early and you loose power steering. I actually think it’s a bit dangerous. Was the same on the Golf R too. I switch it off every time I get in the car now

When you say early what do you mean? It will have a speed and brake pressure entry condition that should mean it doesn’t come in when the vehicle is still being manoeuvred

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
When you say early what do you mean? It will have a speed and brake pressure entry condition that should mean it doesn’t come in when the vehicle is still being manoeuvred

Cuts in when slowly coming to a stop at junctions while the car is still moving under it’s own drive, no throttle input. Was more prevalent in the Golf but disconcerting still. I know it’s bad practice to turn your wheels at a junction but sometimes junctions are so tight you need to be pointed in the direction you’re heading to avoid people cutting across the front of you when they’re turning right (if that makes sense).

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Did I spot you on the way to Kirkistown earlier today? Car looks class

Did indeed, cheers!

Combined with the DCT it's annoying because you need a wee bit of revs to "let the clutch out" and actually get the car rolling, so when you let off the brake, the delay between the car restarting and having to accelerate to get going, it's just a bit jumpy and awkward. I rarely to never sit in traffic now so it's just an annoyance at roundabouts etc.

Cheers all! Took it a run to Kirkistown today as I was at nothing else. Looks at home here, must get it out on track some day.

20180708_141538.jpg
20180708_141507.jpg

Last edited:

Dan.86

RMS Regular

I’ve found it sometimes stops when I go from drive to reverse. Or coming to a stop during slow moving traffic it’ll stop but a split second later you’re moving again.

Yep looks very at home in Kirkistown. Make it happen

Gambit

RMS Regular
Did indeed, cheers!

Combined with the DCT it's annoying because you need a wee bit of revs to "let the clutch out" and actually get the car rolling, so when you let off the brake, the delay between the car restarting and having to accelerate to get going, it's just a bit jumpy and awkward. I rarely to never sit in traffic now so it's just an annoyance at roundabouts etc.

Cheers all! Took it a run to Kirkistown today as I was at nothing else. Looks at home here, must get it out on track some day.

View attachment 199562 View attachment 199563

I passed you also heading back up the coast road from kirky...was in a wee red mk2 golf

Remember thinking was it yours being grey...nice looking motor on the road (y)

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
I passed you also heading back up the coast road from kirky...was in a wee red mk2 golf

Remember thinking was it yours being grey...nice looking motor on the road (y)

Remember it well, looked brilliant. Love a twin lamp big bumper mk2. (y)

PaulBag

RMS Regular
Drives
M2 + Hillman Imp
Wee annoyances include the fact it has start/stop (Why like?), cup holders are a bit useless, in my seating position you can't see the entire instrument cluster through the steering wheel (Bottom half inch, only thing I can't see without moving is the mileage anyway, so no big deal) and the fact there seems to be no way to set priority between phones for either music or telephone. So basically all sh*t that barely matters.

Agree 100% with this! Turning off the start/stop is a part of my routine when I get into the car. My phone system for audio etc isn't temperamental as anything!
Jealous of the Rico Rally! Would love to be going on it again!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Love this! Beautiful motor in every way. I keep getting the itch to change the cayman and one of these would be on the list!

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Been an eventful few weeks for the M2! Finally got it up to Kirkistown during the RMS run in August:

29199270387_0c36d1223c_b.jpg
43418111744_2135b3796d_b.jpg

39572545_2297068440309187_3898277948968402944_o.jpg

39589030_2297073453642019_2409814572492914688_o.jpg

39605616_2297097633639601_2630327315980091392_o.jpg

39558038_2297113836971314_7772622467557752832_o.jpg

It performed beyond expectations on track. My passenger was clocking around the 1:07s on average, with a couple down in the mid 1:06s. Brakes were fantastic (Normally a real weak point on M cars) and the Michelins held up really well. Turn in was unreal and rear end was very manageable with the TC completely off. Really edgy, exciting car to drive on my absolute limit - I got nowhere near to what the car could really do, just kept asking for more. Will return some day with track tyres!

Then got the lowering springs and spacers A week later:

IMG-20180827-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20180827-WA0017.jpg

Before:

55cf718a-9559-4835-868b-668bfdcd73e0.jpg

After:

IMG-20180827-WA0015.jpg

Definitely well aware that the springs are in. You see a lot of chat about Eibachs being OEM ride quality or better, and I would have to disagree, unless the road is silk. They're pretty good though and really helped the way the car sits, levelled out the reverse rake that M cars seem to often suffer from the factory.

Not much of an update really, just absolutely loving ragging the sh*te out of it TBH. (y) Rico Rally is the weekend after next, 3k miles or so in a week through some of Europe's finest roads. :cool:

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Front sits perfect there. You'll soon forget the E46 in that. Looks brilliant. (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.