Mineral White F85 X5M

seanmooney

RMS Regular
My boss had the same shape X5 M50D and it was brilliant to drive.

There was a good kick out of it so this must be real good fun to drive.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Just got a few pics sent over from Rodney @ Bathé Detailing and I can’t wait to go and pick this thing up again after work :heart_eyes:

Paintwork Decon, Machine Polish, then coated with Gyeon Cancoat, with Gyeon Cleanse first and then Gyeon Repel applied to the Glass :cool:

I do usually ceramic coat my motors but seeing as I never keep them longer than 2-3 months I think this is the route I'll go down from now on lol

4E79484E-22DB-4BE0-8A16-612072AD1A7A.jpeg

AE7F6D72-7FB4-472C-B271-A913DC551B00.jpeg

871D15F9-6DCA-471B-9D76-CBB264B17BDB.jpeg

F8573DC1-36CA-41E7-977E-AB562D0E06E4.jpeg

67D5051C-3910-4490-905E-30C7CD01A165.jpeg

DE9F872A-5FF0-4D34-9E40-E69B4DC7F677.jpeg

Last edited:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
So I've had this just over a month now, and I still have it :rolleyes: :joy:

Absolutely amazing thing to drive, a complete animal when you want it to be and completely docile to just cruise around in :grinning:

It takes say £100 of normal or £110 of super-unleaded to fill from pretty much empty, and I'll get somewhere around 300 miles (give or take a little either way depending on my mood / driving style lol) with the average MPG being between 17-18mpg, so its not as bad as some people would make out to be, considering my diesel X5's would take £100 to fill from empty and would return 400-450 miles to a tank, and the 3.0 RRS would be £100 to fill and would have got 400 miles max.

Another surprise is that I actually haven't touched this yet, other than having it detailed. I was considering some carbon, and modifying the back-box, but for once I am actually more than happy with the car standard. It has 12mm hub-centric spacers all-round and the H&R Suspension kit fitted already and that's most likely how it will stay! :grinning:

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Mineral white is a stunning colour. That's not too bad MPG wise considering the size/weight of it and the power it has!

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Gyeon cancoat is a good product , it will certainly be more than enough for you for the length of time you keep motors(y)

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
This is probably my favourite to date :cool:.....even beats the mineral white F80.

Be changed next week probably......:joy:

5 weeks tomorrow so far @Jordy lol and Im for America in 2 weeks time so I cant see it being changed before then, although in the interest of complete transparency ... I did have a wee peek at a 2017 RS6 Performance last week :joy:

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Gyeon cancoat is a good product , it will certainly be more than enough for you for the length of time you keep motors(y)

Yeah totally @euge07 - it was a complete waste of time / money on my part ceramic coating all of my cars, for all the length of time I keep them!

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
5 weeks tomorrow so far @Jordy lol and Im for America in 2 weeks time so I cant see it being changed before then, although in the interest of complete transparency ... I did have a wee peek at a 2017 RS6 Performance last week :joy:

It's not a jeep, so no point in that nonsense.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
So .... I decided I’d sell this, then I bought a Mk7 Golf R DSG in Tornado Red (fantastic car) and then bought this back because I missed it so much :joy:

Decided to change it up a little so it now sits on 22” Vossen Hybrid Forged HF-1 with Goodyear Tyres and an H&R Suspension Kit, and I have a kit ordered for it which I should have in 7-10 days!

55B32E31-C8BF-4734-86FA-95A331AFFACA.jpeg

I also have a new genuine X5M boot badge ordered :grinning:

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
So .... I decided I’d sell this, then I bought a Mk7 Golf R DSG in Tornado Red (fantastic car) and then bought this back because I missed it so much :joy:

Decided to change it up a little so it now sits on 22” Vossen Hybrid Forged HF-1 with Goodyear Tyres and an H&R Suspension Kit, and I have a kit ordered for it which I should have in 7-10 days!

View attachment 255907

View attachment 255908

I also have a new genuine X5M boot badge ordered :grinning:

That's awesome looking.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Haha I always enjoy seeing new threads from yourself, this is brilliant to see though I loved this thing

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Did I catch a glimpse of this in Ballymoney yesterday? Can’t be too many of them on the road

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not sure hes on here anymore? Im pretty sure he moved location to Scotland over Lockdown and still has the X3M. I could be wrong.

@Woodcutter might know