Mini Cooper S Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkM

RMS Regular
We’ve been looking for something to replace the Smart, looked at FN2, Focus ST, 500 Abarth but Emma fell in love with a Cooper S after driving another in Hursts a couple of weeks ago so I looked for one with decent warranty, and the coupe body made this one that bit more quirky/special/marmite :p
We got to see it before it was prep’d for sale and did the deal after we both drove it. It had a new clutch fitted the day before, so one less of Minis weak points to worry about!
Early train to Belfast and taxi to Bavarian Mini this morning then

October 2011
184ps
Eclipse Grey Metallic
Chilli pack
17” infinite stream wheels, unfortunately with run flats
Half leather
Harmon Kardon
Comfort access
Polar beige leather trim
Ambient light pack
Black Xenon lamps
JCW carbon gear knob

Horrible day but here it is at collection
61DE239F-18B6-4688-BDC6-3EA2ACD92BD8.jpeg

4BD2287B-4871-40F4-926F-90A3BDBD3017.jpeg

2B0199C7-A783-4160-871E-4B80AEC39CA2.jpeg

1st order of business was getting the centre resonator removed for more pops and crackles
E976D3C6-133F-4325-BB92-93EEDFC1ECD0.jpeg

38CE838F-DE4B-4523-907D-CD9F8E0538D7.jpeg

Weird key!
C6D9FF9F-2B7D-4944-AD9D-8DAF8528E87D.jpeg

Waiting to get the exhaust sorted I noticed a gap round the bonnet, walked over and pushed it closed, we’d collected it from Bavarian and driven down a windy motorway with the bonnet not shut properly, that could’ve been embarrassing, you can see the difference from the 1st pic, expected better from Mini tbh

4C280E9C-6E8A-48CF-B73C-C9FBB214D1BE.jpeg

FCFE4275-0500-4688-A13B-CF8B06AC3BA5.jpeg

It’s a fun thing to drive, plenty of power for what it is, cheaper to insure than the Smart too :joy: If it can be reliable we’ll have plenty of fun with this one :oops:

Last edited:

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
ohh would have a nice set of r56 full leathers for that if you are considering uprading, i think the rears are the same also

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
ohh would have a nice set of r56 full leathers for that if you are considering uprading, i think the rears are the same also

Thanks for the offer but no money for things like that at the minute! What idiot buys a car at Christmas? :joy:

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Certainly rare on the roads. HTD
I've a set of dash and door pads which would get rid of that white / cream look

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
resonator delete will only make it louder, you would have been better off, leaving the resonator and fitting a decat to get the snap crackle pop.

Reactions: Ben

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
resonator delete will only make it louder, you would have been better off, leaving the resonator and fitting a decat to get the snap crackle pop.

Not louder at all, little bit deeper and definitely more pops and crackles so a cheap mod that’s given decent results. Not touching the cat lol, no doubt it would make it into a machine gun, this is a daily, been there and done that with Evos, never again, it’ll get de-chromed, wheels painted and just driven (y)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Nice motor, always thought they looked like they have a baseball cap on backwards lol

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
maybe the pic just but is the new pipe smaller diameter than the rest of the exhaust?

Just the pic, it turns up into the tunnel just before the new bit, tubing was the same size (y)

Very Nice!! Can you leave nothing alone ;) Crying out for the rear windows tinted

You know I can leave absolutely nothing alone, this was Emma though, she booked it in with Aaron for the delete :joy: She been living with a bad influence though :innocent:

Very nice Mark! It will look really well when "de-chromed"!

Thanks, really not a fan of the chrome, boot handle is offensive! (y)

Herbert Austin

RMS Regular
Drives
Clubman/s
Great looking MINI :cool:
The Coupe and Roadster are nicely different to the normal MINIs on the road

Not louder at all, little bit deeper and definitely more pops and crackles so a cheap mod that’s given decent results. Not touching the cat lol, no doubt it would make it into a machine gun, this is a daily, been there and done that with Evos, never again, it’ll get de-chromed, wheels painted and just driven (y)

Something I have been toying with doing so good to hear it is worthwhile (y)

As one of my rubber exhaust hangers has let go it makes total man maths to do both at the same time :laughing:

If you don't mind me asking where is the exhaust place in your photo and were they hard to pay?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
they are such odd little cool cars, must be a riot to drive (y)

It’s by far the most fun and actually most car for the budget of the cars we looked at, they’re stiffer than the hatch (11%) and have no real body roll, that and run flats make it harder than the M4 :joy: The pops keep Emma happy, good bit more tech in it than she’s used to as well (y)

Great looking MINI :cool:
The Coupe and Roadster are nicely different to the normal MINIs on the road

Something I have been toying with doing so good to hear it is worthwhile (y)

As one of my rubber exhaust hangers has let go it makes total man maths to do both at the same time :laughing:

If you don't mind me asking where is the exhaust place in your photo and were they hard to pay?

Thanks (y) It’s in Antrim, I’ll pm you cost 8-|

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
They teach u how to put the ambient lights into revolution or ‘disco’ mode as I called it??

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
They teach u how to put the ambient lights into revolution or ‘disco’ mode as I called it??

Really!?!?!?!?! It was absolutely pissing it down and blowing a gale, I told the guy to just go inside and we’ll work it out, didn’t even get a look round it tbh
Emma has the ambient set on purple, oh dear :-#

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Really!?!?!?!?! It was absolutely pissing it down and blowing a gale, I told the guy to just go inside and we’ll work it out, didn’t even get a look round it tbh
Emma has the ambient set on purple, oh dear :-#

Top switch by rear view mirror.

There are 4 of them. 2 map readers 1 main light and a switch that changes the ambient colour. Press and hold it forward and it will change continually. After 10 seconds it will flash the lights twice and it’s now colour change.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
That looks great @MarkM health to enjoy.

Now here is the serious question, is it more fun than the M4? :joy:

Lmao different kind of fun, out in the M4 last night, how I’ve missed it trying to kill me in these conditions :joy: Makes you feel alive :innocent:

Top switch by rear view mirror.

There are 4 of them. 2 map readers 1 main light and a switch that changes the ambient colour. Press and hold it forward and it will change continually. After 10 seconds it will flash the lights twice and it’s now colour change.

Thanks, think I’ll leave that :joy: :no_mouth:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.