Mini Cooper SD Caliper replacement

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Car failed MOT for a leaky rear, passenger side, caliper and has been in a body shop ever since so haven’t had any chance to look at it in any detail.

The plan was to get it fixed when in getting other work done. But although ECP and others list replacement calipers for the car when you stick in the reg, it turns out when you speak to them that it’s actually a dealer only part.

Spoke with Biggred and they don’t have any refurb kits for these available.

Does anyone know if these are prone to failing, or which seal / what the issue is likely to be?

Anyone also know of any friendlies up in the parts department there if needs be? :laughing:

@Wild Thing or any other Mini folk, any help greatly appreciated (y)

Terry

RMS Regular
OP
Terry
Drives
Carefully
Terry the rear calliper is the same across the range, nothing special with it being an SD.

Don’t worry I wasn’t thinking the SD was some special edition :laughing:

Was just wondering as the body shop rang a few different motor factors who all said dealer only part and with Biggred not having a kit for it I wondered what was up and the difference between the calipers listed (y)

Terry

RMS Regular
OP
Terry
Drives
Carefully
I sent those boyos an email with the help of the information and part number above (y)

When I look it all up, that part number for the F56 gives the same size and fitment as other motorfactor calipers (disc thickness 10mm and piston diameter 36.0mm etc). I'm not sure where the breakdown is with the dealer only part aspect.

Hopefully that'll be it sorted in the morning and en route asap.

Thanks to both of you @B6GUE & @Wild Thing (y)

Now on to the next thing on the list of stuff to sort :joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.