Mini R56 1.6 petrol engine wanted

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
Looking a 120bhp r56 mini 1.6 petrol engine. Car is 2009.thanks

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Just go in buyer beware mode, believe me you will maybe pick up 1 used engine in 20 that just maybe good, and not have issues, they really are a poor engine

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Just go in buyer beware mode, believe me you will maybe pick up 1 used engine in 20 that just maybe good, and not have issues, they really are a poor engine

So really what you're saying is come see you and you'll sort him with a better more powerful engine? šŸ˜

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
That bad rick i would not even sell one complete, get yourself a bad name. If i was in st6phen shoes i would be flogging it on again as someone elses sleepless nights project. Theres a fella i know selling an r56 mini with all the bells and whistles, standard car with jcw body kit Ā£1500 needs a rebuild, at least there is something there to work with

chrisQ

RMS Regular
A mate of mine has a Peugeot off some sort with 50k on it I think with the same engine in it, think it's a 1.4 though. He's few other engines/bottom ends there that have been removed from cars for oil usage etc aswell if any use.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Yes the 206gti engine is the turbo version same as Cooper S. I actually know where theres a 206gti sitting but its off a cyclinder but all there and running. I'm sure the guy would sell it if it would give you something to work with.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
120 hp is n/a engine not in any way similar to turbo gti engine. But i think you are starting to see a trend st6phen, oilburners, chains and dropped cylinders

Gambit

RMS Regular
People wonder why these are being bought so cheap....can you not put something totally out of the box in it instead? Just a thought.

vagmini2.jpg

st6phen

RMS Regular
OP
st6phen
Drives
anything MOT'd
Cheers all. I knew there was some bother with them, but sounds like the word, some, might be an under statement. Wife's mother's car. Car was low on coolant, but She filled the oil with coolant. Went for a run, don't know how she could make that mistake but anyway. I pulled the engine out, and it was obliterated. Stripped of what I needed and scrapped the rest. Then the lock down came. She may bite the bullet and buy another

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Cheers all. I knew there was some bother with them, but sounds like the word, some, might be an under statement. Wife's mother's car. Car was low on coolant, but She filled the oil with coolant. Went for a run, don't know how she could make that mistake but anyway. I pulled the engine out, and it was obliterated. Stripped of what I needed and scrapped the rest. Then the lock down came. She may bite the bullet and buy another
If you're selling it as it is let me know