MINI R56 John Cooper Works

hre1d

RMS Regular
Drives
JCW | 500X
Picked this up locally in place of the M2. As per my other thread, took advantage of the current car market and approached Country Garage if they were interested buying the M2 back. They were keen and the deal was done.

Spied this on UCNI and went to have a look. Left a deposit later that afternoon. Always fancied one of these off the back of having an R55 Cooper D Clubman for 4 years, and was a perfect candidate for my short B-road commute.

2013 MINI R56 John Cooper Works, 62K, with full service history
Midnight Black
R112 Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels in Black
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Factory DRLs
Rear PDC
MINI GP2 Recaro Alcantara & Leather Heated Sports Seats
Alcantara JCW Steering Wheel
Chilli Pack
Wired Pack (Enhanced Bluetooth & Wireless Charging)
Mini Connected

Body-wise, the car is in great condition, with very little stone chips (to my surprise after the first wash). The interior is immaculate, and obviously with the addition of the upgraded GP seats, they made the car more appealing.

I’ve no real plans other than a wheel & calliper refurb, will wait to Spring 2022. Other than that, keep it clean and enjoy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

i1.jpeg

i2.jpeg

i3.jpeg

final.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Picked this up locally in place of the M2. As per my other thread, took advantage of the current car market and approached Country Garage if they were interested buying the M2 back. They were keen and the deal was done.

Spied this on UCNI and went to have a look. Left a deposit later that afternoon. Always fancied one of these off the back of having an R55 Cooper D Clubman for 4 years, and was a perfect candidate for my short B-road commute.

2013 MINI R56 John Cooper Works, 62K, with full service history
Midnight Black
R112 Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels in Black
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Factory DRLs
Rear PDC
MINI GP2 Recaro Alcantara & Leather Heated Sports Seats
Alcantara JCW Steering Wheel
Chilli Pack
Wired Pack (Enhanced Bluetooth & Wireless Charging)
Mini Connected

Body-wise, the car is in great condition, with very little stone chips (to my surprise after the first wash). The interior is immaculate, and obviously with the addition of the upgraded GP seats, they made the car more appealing.

I’ve no real plans other than a wheel & calliper refurb, will wait to Spring 2022. Other than that, keep it clean and enjoy.

View attachment 338582
View attachment 338583
View attachment 338584
View attachment 338585
View attachment 338587
View attachment 338588
View attachment 338586
View attachment 338589
Had one of these years ago, was such a great wee thing to drive, and surprisingly rapid. Keep an eye on the oil level and @Wild Thing is the man for any work did a few fair sized jobs on mine and couldn’t have been better.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Looks brilliant @hre1d! I'll have to get a nosey some evening you're free.

To be honest, when you said the M2 was going, I thought you were going to change to something a little bigger, or with more doors to make parenting life easier! :joy:

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Had one of these years ago, was such a great wee thing to drive, and surprisingly rapid. Keep an eye on the oil level and @Wild Thing is the man for any work did a few fair sized jobs on mine and couldn’t have been better.
It is a nippy wee thing, such great fun indeed. First job when I got it home was checking the oil, was sitting a few notches above minimum, so topped it up with 5W30, but yes, will be keeping a close eye. Was in touch with @Wild Thing for some advice before picking it up, will be paying him a visit at some stage for some peace of mind.

Htd the GP seats make such a difference
Thanks @Wild Thing, they do, and so comfortable.

Wow lovely wee example
Thanks @pablo, aim to keep it that way (y)

Looks brilliant @hre1d! I'll have to get a nosey some evening you're free.

To be honest, when you said the M2 was going, I thought you were going to change to something a little bigger, or with more doors to make parenting life easier! :joy:
Thanks @Todd. Call over any evening. We've the 500X for family duties and only really needed something to nip to work in, this turned up and fitted the bill! I almost pulled the trigger on a super clean Abarth 595, but had an auto box which IMO let it down.

Absolutely delightful! Has a great spec on it as well. HTD. Them seats though :heart_eyes:
Thanks @Lauren_E, that's some collection you've got yourself! That Chilli Red R53 is sitting mint, and some transformation from when you got it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If everyone on RMS would stop buying Mini’s that’d be great thanks! The want for one is strong lol.

Seriously though it looks like a tidy example, health to drive!

Herbert Austin

RMS Regular
Drives
Clubman/s
Looks great, health to drive.

As others have said those seats :cool: .... I would love a set Recaros for mine however they don't come up often and are strong money

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Think we sold this car recently, presumably to whoever you bought it off. Very rare to have those seats factory fit, think it was like £2k! HTD

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
If everyone on RMS would stop buying Mini’s that’d be great thanks! The want for one is strong lol.

Seriously though it looks like a tidy example, health to drive!
Thanks @Blackie! I’ve always wanted one and having seen @Carson and @Lauren_E threads lately, it only influenced the decision more. I haven't had a good drive out in yet, only to work and back, will hopefully get the chance this weekend.

Looks great, health to drive.

As others have said those seats :cool: .... I would love a set Recaros for mine however they don't come up often and are strong money
Thanks @Herbert Austin. There is a set of GP2 Recaros on eBay at the moment, although I think the rear seats are incomplete. Would be hard to look past the Sportster CS if you were going for Recaros. Your Clubman's looks well, we miss ours, simply wasn't practical enough for the little one.

Think we sold this car recently, presumably to whoever you bought it off. Very rare to have those seats factory fit, think it was like £2k! HTD
PM'd you (y)

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
The R56 JCW is a great car. I would say the best driving car I've owned to date. This looks like a cracking example - HTD (y)

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Quick spruce up before MOT yesterday morning.

MINI_MOT.jpeg

Sailed through with no issues at all :cool:

Was heading down to visit in-laws at the coast, called in at P&Cs for a nosey, needed a top up of snow foam, read decent reports of the Gyeon range, so picked up a bottle of Gyeon Q²M Foam to try it out and had a good yarn with @Woodcutter , nice to meet you!

Currently looking at a slight drop with an Eibach Pro Kit, seems to get good reviews and doesn’t make the ride much firmer that stock, and can be had for decent money at the moment.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Car looks great, although I would highly recommend you put a trim restorer onto the exterior plastics like Gtechniq C4 or the likes. Makes such a difference to the overall look.

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Car looks great, although I would highly recommend you put a trim restorer onto the exterior plastics like Gtechniq C4 or the likes. Makes such a difference to the overall look.

Gtechniq C4 purchased a while back, and is in the pipeline for the weekend. I noticed the rear passenger arch trim had ever so slightly come loose, wanted to get that sorted before applying the C4. Common issue, a couple of the clips had broken, so new ones purchased, and put in place, all tight again.

ArchClips.jpg

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Some time spent on the car at the weekend.

Pre wash with Articulate
Foamed with Gyeon Q²M Foam
Wheels done with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Tyres slicked with the trusty old Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

0.jpeg

Gtechniq C4 applied afterwards. 25ml bottle goes along way considering the plastic trim on MINI's, happy with the results.

1.jpeg

3.jpeg

Picked up a decent deal on the Eibach Pro Kit from Autodoc, booked in next week for fitting along with new rear discs.

5.jpeg

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Looked great when i was walking by earlier!

Looking forward to seeing it with the springs fitted.

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Eibach Pro Kit fitted along with new rear discs and pads earlier in the week.

1.jpeg

Next up, planning on doing a quick tidy up around the callipers. They aren't actually too bad, but a bit of TLC will bring them up like new. Picked up these 90mm decals with the white background to get started.

2.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Black headlight trims and grille surround would look good on that car. I did them on my daughters Mini and it made a big difference.

hre1d

RMS Regular
OP
hre1d
Drives
JCW | 500X
Black headlight trims and grille surround would look good on that car. I did them on my daughters Mini and it made a big difference.

I have been back and forth in my mind with the black trims and grill surround, I actually quite like the chrome, feel that it breaks it up nicely.

Was having thoughts of OZ Leggenda's last night, would love a set, but serious money for them :cool:

1653756366211.png