Mitsibushi Evo VII

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RevT

RMS Regular
Well, this is my first Evo. I've always wanted one and this one popped up for sale the other day nearby so thought I'd go and look at it. It really was an impulse buy but I collected it today and I must say it's great to drive.

I will get a chance over the next few days to get it cleaned up, need to fit new tyres and other bits and pieces then I'll be testing it.

I know absolutely nothing about these cars, but this one is spotless underneath and around the arches, gearbox/diff is perfect and it goes very very well.

I'll have full spec list up when I get a chance but there is a recent dyno result with the car showing 389bhp.

And it's tucked away in the garage along with the two other toys until I get a chance to get at it.

Gambit

RMS Regular
quite nice to see, firstly an evo - they seem to be few & far between compared to scoobs, and secondly one that aint on ground with sticky out wheels and loads of carbon bits

it looks purposeful in white and with those wheels (y)

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
7's like to rot up in behind the diff, have a wee poke, saying that think most evo's like to rot up in there

i take it you like white cars lol

health to drive
ps, is this to sell on after a few months?

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
What a collection:heart:, v jealous indeed, I will hopefully get an Evo at some stage as have wanted one since the VI came out

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Looks well trevor. I was in an 8 with less power than yours has and theyre seriously impressive how they come in and throw you back in the seat so id say thats serious fun. Would love one but everyone says theyre boring after having the likes of skylines etc so not sure if its an itch worth scratching or not. But still cant stop thinking about it lol

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Boring after a skyline? Who are these people lol.
Take this car up a hill with bends and twisties and prepare to amaze yourself and anyone sitting in.

Have saw alot of people say theyre boring after owning a high powered rwd turbo. Cant help but think id agree and miss the fun of rwd but still feel the need to have an evo at some point.

wheeliekool

RMS Regular
Drives
EvoStik
I can only imagine they haven't pushed it to the limit, takes a bit of balls in a well sorted evo. Countless times I've hit corners and said to myself I would not have made that in anything else.
Maybe it's nothing to do with that and more because those rwd turbo boys can counter steer and have a bit of craic lighting up the tyres getting jiggy with it and sure, that's fun too but personally I've never sat in a car and had that 'all in' faith the evo gives.
When the evo vii came out I went to look at one in Comber and the fella took me out on a damp winters day and caned the monkeys out of it, finished off with what he referred to as the cars party trick which was hard braking from 90mph while aggressively steering from left to right. Did the car even flinch? lol nope, no tyre squeal no nothing, just did what it was told to do. Serious kit, can you tell I love them haha.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Hopefully you got her at good money to make it an itch worth scratching Trevor. In white you'll never lose anyway. They certainly look the part, and being standard looking it's more like it's designed for purpose rather than lapping the felt and going over speed bumps at a 45 angle..
As regards the previous comments on being all in and feeling safe etc, the technology behind these things is what makes an average driver feel like he's Colin mcrae, it's a great part of the appeal.
At those kind of RR figures it's a car that'll need respected if pushed on anyway!
Keep us informed if you decide to raffle any of these wagons and pass on some of the luck!
Health to drive an all that!

RevT

RMS Regular
OP
RevT
I hope to give it a good clean tomorrow morning, spend a bit of time on it. I'll be trying to update the thread with all the spec from the for sale post too.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
image.jpeg
Looks well trevor. I was in an 8 with less power than yours has and theyre seriously impressive how they come in and throw you back in the seat so id say thats serious fun. Would love one but everyone says theyre boring after having the likes of skylines etc so not sure if its an itch worth scratching or not. But still cant stop thinking about it lol

I found my one at a genuine 400/400 a touch boring. And a bugger on fuel lol. Still liked it all the same.

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Boring after a skyline? Who are these people lol.
Take this car up a hill with bends and twisties and prepare to amaze yourself and anyone sitting in.

Or prepare to bin it if you are not 100% committed.
They look cool as Feck though and would own another. But they need 400 horse. There heavy and 4wd eats power.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Or prepare to bin it if you are not 100% committed.
They look cool as Feck though and would own another. But they need 400 horse. There heavy and 4wd eats power.

Even mildly tuned the lag in them is ridiculous
Need forged for sure.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Even mildly tuned the lag in them is ridiculous
Need forged for sure.

I didn't have much lag at all. It was forged with the 80 series turbo think ran 1.8 bar on high.

The way they are geared they are near always on boost I found.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I didn't have much lag at all. It was forged with the 80 series turbo think ran 1.8 bar on high.

The way they are geared they are near always on boost I found.

All depends on setup and map etc. In the mates car there's nothing till 4.5/5k which is useless tbh lol

But anyway lovely in white(y)

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Lovely car trevor.
Ive had two evos and loved them. as @wheeliecool said ive hit corners too hard and am sure if i hadnt been in an evo i wouldnt have got round.
They can make a driver look better than they are lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.