Mitsibushi Evo VII

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RevT

RMS Regular
OP
RevT
Spent a good few hours cleaning this up. It really is an immaculate car other than a few stonechips, it's a credit to the previous owners. I have a folder full of documentation and receipts and I still have to sit down and have a good look through it. I'll stick up the spec list as soon as I get that looked at properly but in the meantime, he is a few photos :

j44nty

RMS Regular
Lovely car. I used to have a few of those little round holes in my seats years ago ;). My astra was like the surface of the moon.
20160808_191246.png

Really like how square the arches are on the 7

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Set of Evo X wheels would look the part. A brand new set just sold on MLR for £380.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
needs lowered alot to suit rotas, I liked it on original wheels, will you be fitting the splitter/skirt extensions?

IMO only rim change suits an evo 7 is revos or compomotives

RevT

RMS Regular
OP
RevT
The main reason I bought them is because the standards need tyres and these came at the price of a set of tyres so I bought them to see what I thought. Can always sell them on. I'm tempted to buy coilovers and carbon for it now but I can't justify it as it looks as good standard.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Standard suspension is well set up in an evo, you'd need to spend big bucks to better it.
The wheels wont be to everyone's taste but I like them, unless your going to up the horsepower by a few hundred and spend half its life on a track the wheels will be fine for road use

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
The main reason I bought them is because the standards need tyres and these came at the price of a set of tyres so I bought them to see what I thought. Can always sell them on. I'm tempted to buy coilovers and carbon for it now but I can't justify it as it looks as good standard.

3155140.jpeg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I don't think the new wheels look too bad to be honest. Either way it looks well (y) As long as it's not gonna get decked with stupid camber I think it's a winner :grinning: Health to drive

Lee

RMS Regular
I don't think anyone could actually say they look bad, they're not really an ugly rim. Its just the fact that they are so common and they are rep wheels on an Evo.

I love it by the way, part of me still wants to own an Evo some day.

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Wheels look horrible on it, although never been a fan of that wheel in general, looks like every other evo on the road now. Car would look twice the car with a set of genuine jdm wheels

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the new wheels are grand, they do lead it down the requires lowering route.

As Conor said with the original wheels were perfect but, just made it look like it was ready for business.

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430

Coilovers is the thing i regret most with the evo!

Tein springs on standard or ralliart shocks is adequate.

Throw an RS diff into her instead?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
very nice car and all the best with it.

owning an evo makes no sense financially so thankfully it knows how to put a grin on your face and is a fun car to drive. Its one of those cars that you know you want to own at some point in your life. I had mine for nearly 4 years NEVER give me any bother but they know how to get into your wallet!

as above prefer the original wheels and standard setup

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
:relieved:Im in work and the bloody old internet don't display the photos you have posted haha so going by the comments im building a picture in my head of how the car looks! So from this........ Lovely car - very jealous and id probably like the wheels :grinning: its your car so do whatever you want to do. :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.