Mixing oil brands

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Thoughts? EP3 has Millers in it, but gonna change to Castrol (personal preference)

Engine needs topped up, so, is there any feasible reason not to mix Castrol in with the Millers?

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Many people would tell you there's a potential reaction between different additives in each oil brand.

I wouldn't worry to much myself.

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
According to the Castrol website I should be running 0w30

Screenshot_20190214-185736_Chrome.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Why don't you just change the oil and filter for peace of mind? Wouldn't cost much.

You need to make sure the Millers in it is the same grade & spec.

Gonna do a change at the weekend, Euro Car Parts have decent discount (as usual)

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
I'm lifting 5ltr of Shell Helix 5w40, Bosch filter and Bosch pollen filters for the grand total of about £40.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Dont mention that on M3 Cutters, mortal sin not to use 10w60!

E36 m3......but then again they were convinced it should be run of 10w60 since that’s what bmw use, and of course Castrol only.........now bmw only use shell ultra helix! :laughing:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I’ve always ran Fuchs Titan Pro S in K20’s, highly recommended and never ever gave me any hassle with alot of abuse.

Yeah Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w40 (formerly Silkolene) or Motul Sport 5w40. Both shear stable, ester based oils that suit the high revving nature of the K20 to a T.

I’ll not go into the chemistry (because I’m not qualified) but if you want a more in depth explanation from someone who is ask Tim from Opie oils (y)

RevT

RMS Regular
Yep, 5w40 though, not 0w30.

Yeah Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w40 (formerly Silkolene) or Motul Sport 5w40. Both shear stable, ester based oils that suit the high revving nature of the K20 to a T.

I’ll not go into the chemistry (because I’m not qualified) but if you want a more in depth explanation from someone who is ask Tim from Opie oils (y)

Yep, sorry, I forgot to mention it was 5w40. I wouldn’t run anything else.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.