Mk 4 Golf TDI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rosssei

RMS Regular
Got given the car this morning, by a member of the site...im sure you all know who :p

only a few pics as it was dark by the time i finished. Paint was in fairly bad condition, almost as if someone had sanded down certain parts of the car, but not buffed them up again.

Someone had hit it before with a buff - and left massive swirls right along hte doors, and bonnet etc, these were removed completely.

Unfortunately there were a fair few marks left on the front end - perhaps micromarring? no matter what i did or what combination i hit it with i could not get the marks out.

Process

Wash - Halfords Car Wash
Clay - Megs Mild "Detailer Clay" with Quik Detailer
Wash - Halfords Car Wash
Polish - Megs 83 on yellow pad, followed by 80 on white pad
Glaze - Red Moose Machine Glaze
Wax - Dodo Wax Purple Haze
Dressing - Megs "Hyper Dressing" diluted 4:1

how it arrived - well used i think :p ;)

Baxter1.jpg

Baxter2.jpg

Baxter3.jpg

Baxter4-1.jpg

here you see the areas that were sanded down but never buffed as such -

Baxter5.jpg

Baxter6.jpg

Baxter7.jpg

and after shots of those same areas -

Baxter9.jpg

Baxter10.jpg

Baxter8.jpg

and finally the side i had done before the light went -

Baxter11.jpg

Baxter12.jpg

Ross

Johnski

RMS Regular
By the orange peel and flat area around the wing i'm assuming the wing has been painted at some stage, rubbed with 1500 and then not polished properly.

Good effort in tidying it up though.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
whole front end has been painted johnski

car came up really really well...kept changing colour, was pretty dull all over - but not when finished :grinning:

Ghost

RMS Regular
Looks awesome ! Really friendly fella, and easy pay.

Car looks like new.

And yep, there was a bump on it, but wasnt too major and no real damage done to any mechanical parts.

Paint job on the front wasnt the best to saythe least, but with ross's job, i dont think you could notice now !

Cheers again pal, and would recommend anyone to ross.

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
i didnt post up saying there was a bump baxter, just noticed it had been painted thats all! spraying on it was good bar a few laquer runs which gave it away.

glad your happy matey - pleasure meeting ya!

Ghost

RMS Regular
No no mate know lol

Just i think there was a bump originally and the fella who i bought it off said there was a weee scuff at one stage and was sprayed...

Yes mate, very happy. Thanks again

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Indigo Blue is a lovely colour int he sunlight.

Those front headlights are horrendous though.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
Good Job lad, is this another RMS Detailer coming out of the wood work....

The colour really did change, nice result, lad.....

thanks amos, dunno if i am a detailer, just enjoy working and making a car clean!

most people would say its quite sad!

its either way with me, i enjoy the cup being absolutely piggin almost as much as i like it when its clean :oops: :p lol the cup pulls of dirtyness well!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.