MK1 Audi A3

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
So the next post in here was meant to be me getting coilovers and some polybushes but unfortunately after a good drive on Saturday something else now needs my attention...

20200629_203234.jpg

20200629_203239.jpg

20200629_203308.jpg

...caliper fell off lol.

Started making some odd noises when braking on the drive home and gradually got worse. Limped it home and had a look and that is what I found. Looks like the two bolts that held the caliper on have been loose and fell out. Only for the fact I am still running the pepperpots and not the 18s yet or the caliper would have come away completely.

Not the end of the world though. New set of discs and pads and all will be fine πŸ™‚

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
So, all fixed now. New discs and pads, fitting kit and caliper sliders for good measure. Do it right, do it once.

20200630_205924.jpg

Decided to try a wheel on whilst I was there too, just to get an idea of fitment...

20200630_210317.jpg

20200630_210358.jpg

...definitely needs the right size tyre though. Was tempted to just throw a set of 225/40s on but looking at how flush that's going to be it will rub like mad so a 215/35/18 I think is what I need. A 205/40 would be perfect but I'm meant to be doing this on a budget and 205s are just too rich for me right now.

Anyway, time will tell on that front as these wheels need tidied up first and I need to sort a few other small issues before I purchase the coilovers.

Cheers for reading.

Aaron

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Spotted them myself πŸ˜‚

Good job that was a rear caliper and not a front one or that could've been messy 😱
You're right Rick! If it was a front one I would've just parked it up got it recovered. Not worth the risk.

Lol! Your pulling out trolley jacks & spinning of wheels in tha PJ's mate? Your keen fairplay to ya fella πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ
PJs on, headphones on, slightly raining, neighbours must think I'm proper weird...actually I am kinda weird πŸ˜†

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You're right Rick! If it was a front one I would've just parked it up got it recovered. Not worth the risk.

PJs on, headphones on, slightly raining, neighbours must think I'm proper weird...actually I am kinda weird πŸ˜†
Nah you are the hardcore mate doing that. rms should give you an award for that lol. Nowt wrong with being a tad wierd we are all abit crazy in our own way πŸ€ͺ