Mk1 Octavia 1.8t 4x4

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

driven

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Well bought this on a whim, seen it advertised and id always wanted a VRS but they never made them in 4x4, paypal'd the money for the car and got it deliverd to work,

Plans are new brakes abs sensors and PAS pipes get some coilovers onto it, blue haldex controller, my tt comps and paint it ultimate green. Already got s3 injectors KO3S 4 bar FPR decat and custom exhaust sitting waiting to go on, get it mapped and go from there be happy with circa 200 bhp

FB_IMG_1479334910044.jpg
FB_IMG_1478212674656.jpg
FB_IMG_1478212678301.jpg

And the plan
FB_IMG_1478994855407.jpg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Didn't know they made a 4x4 hatch, tea potential to be an S3 in a Skoda dress there, should be fun!

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
Brave and low at the rear! Should be a fun project! :grinning:
No springs bought as spares or repairs as wouldnt go through an mot again supposedly. Needs brakes suspension and a few other bits but for the price it was a bargain.
Didn't know they made a 4x4 hatch, tea potential to be an S3 in a Skoda dress there, should be fun!

Thats the plan the arx engine fitted in the 4x4 is 150 bhp but supposedly maps to near 210bhp according to guys on the vrs/octavia clubs

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I've a funny feeling these have a KO3s in them already, they need the 312 and 256 brakes with anything over 200 horse. Different beast altogether from the vRS but at least 95% of the bits are transplantable

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I much preferred my mk1 vRS to the mk2, so much so that if the mk2 ever sells I'll be after another mk1 - so following this keenly.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Have a mk1 vrs and it's a great car. Though it ran quite warm/suspected HG issue. New genuine thermostat in it today fingers crossed!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Subscribed.

Does the ARX suffer from a clogging oil pickup pipe? Or maybe its all badly serviced 1.8t's?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Subscribed.

Does the ARX suffer from a clogging oil pickup pipe? Or maybe its all badly serviced 1.8t's?
It's really all 1.8t's regardless of engine code. Thankfully cheap to sort if caught early or done as preventative repairs.

driven

RMS Regular
OP
driven
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
So today i went and ordered paint as a bit of a deterrent to actually get some work done to it settled for lamborghini viola ophelia so should be painted this month

Attachments

• Viola-Ophelia-Lamborghini-Aventador-12.jpg
    Viola-Ophelia-Lamborghini-Aventador-12.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 143
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.