Mk2 Golf GTI 2.0 16v

KevM

RMS Regular
Is it hard to drop the front & engine out of these? I'd love to tidy the engine bay in mine as its tatty-ish compared to the rest of the car

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
In the same boat myself. I just don't have the time at the moment to strip it back.

thats my issue, i think if i start it might never be seen again

Leave as is for another 12 months as it looks great

im angling towards that but there is a bit of annoying rust building on the roof which bugs the life of out me - might just have to live with it for a while yet

Is it hard to drop the front & engine out of these? I'd love to tidy the engine bay in mine as its tatty-ish compared to the rest of the car

not too bad, but the issue would be the subframe captive nuts - they can shear which means cutting into the floor to access & reweld. or could just pull the front off and take engine out leave subframe in place

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Only getting round to dragging it out of garage for this year, fired up without any problems just needed bit of air in the tyres :grinning:

20160417_172304.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Beauty!

Houses often have to come first though sadly :worried:

Trying to be grown up and sensible is no fun at all (n) tho on the plus side that Buy to Let thread is putting me of renting out

Saw it about 45 mins ago! Looked well (y)

it still drives really well which is part of the problem as anytime i do get out in it, it puts a smile on my face like day i first test drove it

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Trying to be grown up and sensible is no fun at all (n) tho on the plus side that Buy to Let thread is putting me of renting out

it still drives really well which is part of the problem as anytime i do get out in it, it puts a smile on my face like day i first test drove it

If it's a buy to let you're thinking of, I would forget it and just keep the car. No way would I sacrifice the enjoyment of a nice car for an investment property! Different story for the house you live in!

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
That's sinful! Get it out and enjoy it
Indeed. Get it out and hammer it. My mk3 get it

it does get hammered when its out just loves to rev...just so happened that last year it didnt get out very much just due to other stuff on. It has a few bits that need tidied body wise which is why i never take it to any shows but im reluctant to start the bodywork stuff in case it one i start then just never finish. Saying that its the final thing that needs done to it - everything else has been done at some point in my ownership

Should sell it to me for bad money... Seeing your not using it..

contemplated selling it a few times but just cant bring myself to do it - 13yrs ive had it now