Mk2 Golf GTI Project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BIGDAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
audi a7
I have a full big bumper kit for sale and other bits and bobs for sale if you're looking anything. Did this come from Belfast ?

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
That is class! Would love that to keep it totally original. Give it a proper clean / resto to factory fresh :grinning:

HTD!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Would you keep it the same colour of you end up respraying Graeme?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Great find - will make an awesome project if you decide to keep it!

Jade Green isn't to everyone's tastes, but due to that fact it has become one of the rarest colours for a Mk2, and to be honest it actually suits the car better now than it probably did back in the day.

That is class! Would love that to keep it totally original. Give it a proper clean / resto to factory fresh :grinning:

HTD!

That's the plan, cheers :grinning:

Would you keep it the same colour of you end up respraying Graeme?

Definitely staying the same colour Nick. :grinning:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That would make a very nice wee project alright.

I have a spare GTI 8v engine if you want it you can have for £50 its a digi by the way.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
Very nice have a wild urge for one of these been hitting ads hard lol few nice ones out there though would love a late spec small bumper 16v wont spend funny money and have to offload the t5r first love jade green tho my dad had one like that around 90/91

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Very nice have a wild urge for one of these been hitting ads hard lol few nice ones out there though would love a late spec small bumper 16v wont spend funny money and have to offload the t5r first love jade green tho my dad had one like that around 90/91

Jade Green has really grown on me. Give me a shout when you get rid of the T5R, this could be up for grabs by then :grinning:

Tidy mate! Who puts a tow bar on a mk2? :confounded:
Hopefully see her out on the road at some stage!
Tow bar is doing my head in, so awful looking. It's coming off tomorrow though!

@Woodcutter if I'm correct I know the 2 previous owners of this car, in fact think I introduced them to each other

I bought it off Tom, and he bought it off a fella called Andy. Tom swapped this for a B2 Audi 80, and he regrets that move big time!

@Woodcutter I used forever black on my trims. The difference was incredible and even covered then white "tiger strip" stress marks in mine

Were the bumpers originally black, or dark grey? Been told I should use a product called Solution Finish. https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.