Mk2 Leon Cupra

Mackers91

RMS Regular
After selling my Focus ST to buy a house and getting bored of driving a 1.6 Astra diesel (Work Car). Finally back in a Hot Hatch.

Bought this 2 weeks ago.

08 Leon cupra with 84k miles on it. Had been looking at MKV golf GTI's for ages but could never find a nice one. Plus edition 30's with the bigger turbo were to much money for me so drove this and it felt right straight away.

Having done a couple of mods already.

Kenwood double din with DAB, Bluetooth and such.
Revo Induction Kit.
Centre Resonator delete.

Going to enjoy it for abit now with next work being hopefully a Stage 1 revo, H&R lowering springs and getting the wheels done in shadow chrome 😍.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_181021_261.jpg
    IMG_20190525_181021_261.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 433
  • bf9f8ad00054898e451a8a439e6bdc45.0.jpg
    bf9f8ad00054898e451a8a439e6bdc45.0.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_20190525_181021_254.jpg
    IMG_20190525_181021_254.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 429

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Got her upto Torquetronix on Saturday morning.

Stage 2 map done and ready for the Downpipe/sports cat. Also have the S3 alloy intercooler coming to go on

She ran 304BHP/427NM at the wheels even with a dodgy diverter valve. Have ordered a GFB DV+ to cure it. Car feels like a proper little rocket now 😁😁

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Got a spare 20 mins tonight so fitted the GFB DV+. Such a quality bit of kit, boost issue now fixed 😁.

white sport

RMS Regular
Drives
cosmic ep3
Seen this for sale great cars mate, very capable motors I'm still enjoying mine, watch for the clutch slipping at stage 2 only thing putting me off going stage 2+ at the min

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Seen this for sale great cars mate, very capable motors I'm still enjoying mine, watch for the clutch slipping at stage 2 only thing putting me off going stage 2+ at the min

Loving it at the minute bud took it out a spin last night and ended up doing over 100 miles 😂.

Got some maintenance parts coming for it to be done next weekend

Cam follower replacement kit.
New coil packs (R8 ones because race car 🙄)
New plugs, oil and filter.

Was looking at getting the Cupra R upper grill to but its £108 from TPS 😔.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
More progress today just general maintenance and fixing afew issues.

New Cam follower fitted and new R8 coil packs with NGK iridium plugs. Don't think the R8 coils make much if any difference performance wise but they add abit of colour to the engine bay 😋. (forgive the red tape on the fuel pump connector it's cracked have a new one on the way).

On another note anyone on here familiar with the TFSI engine I found a rubber hose under the HPFP which is torn. Looks like a vacuum line which runs into the inlet. Anyone help with a part No. Can't find it online 😔.

Next thing to fit is the Trackslag 3.5 inch downpipe/decat should hopefully be here early next week!

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Thought I'd add abit more to this seeing as I'm running out of things to do with lockdown 😑

To date this is the longest I've ever owned a car coming up on a year this month!

Haven't really changed much just been enjoying and driving it. But since lockdown I've got round to sorting afew things that were annoying me and fitted some new parts to.

High pressure fuel pump changed to a LOBA Motorsport pump.

IMG_20191027_135347.jpg

Aiming to have the car ready for stage 2+ map by the end of summer. Still got some parts to fit.

Welly Cooler, RS4 Valve, Runner flap delete, VIS Motorsport balance shaft free wheel.

Recently fitted a TripleR composites rear valance really cleans the rear of the car up! Some before and after pictures below.

IMG_20200502_154107.jpg

IMG_20200502_182159.jpg

IMG_20200502_190011.jpg

IMG_20200502_182905.jpg

Hoping updating this will give me the kick up the ass to get parts fitted!

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_202732_865.jpg
    IMG_20200502_202732_865.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 152

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Are you able to run the loba HPFP without a map for that length of time?

I remember when I had my 8P S3 I was advised not to drive "hard" before getting the relevant software installed for 2+. At the time, only Revo could do it so I think so I got it done at Edition 38 in Northampton back in 2011 if I remember correctly!

The drive home was much better!!

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Are you able to run the loba HPFP without a map for that length of time?

I remember when I had my 8P S3 I was advised not to drive "hard" before getting the relevant software installed for 2+. At the time, only Revo could do it so I think so I got it done at Edition 38 in Northampton back in 2011 if I remember correctly!

The drive home was much better!!

From what I've been told after having a chat with the Guys at R-Tech it should be OK with the stage2 map that's on it at the minute. Just won't be making full use of the pump. Once I've all the hardware in place I'll probably be making the trip over to them as they seem a popular tuner for the tfsi engines.

DJR Media

RMS Regular
Drives
2012 Audi S4
From what I've been told after having a chat with the Guys at R-Tech it should be OK with the stage2 map that's on it at the minute. Just won't be making full use of the pump. Once I've all the hardware in place I'll probably be making the trip over to them as they seem a popular tuner for the tfsi engines.

apparently they won’t tune anything from over here or down south as we don’t have 99ron fuel over here

shame as I was considering bringing my octavia over once I’d got my k04 swap done

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
apparently they won’t tune anything from over here or down south as we don’t have 99ron fuel over here

shame as I was considering bringing my octavia over once I’d got my k04 swap done

Strange that I had spoken to them a few months ago and they never mentioned that. I'll have to give them a call and double check

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They should be able to map for 97/98 ron as it is a fuel over there and not everyone is bothereed and will want to run their cars on the cheapest they can - just depends on mind set

Revo can provide the software no problem for over here locally from TG Performance (@Graham) as long as you have the correct hardware in place

white sport

RMS Regular
Drives
cosmic ep3
Thought you sold This or was it up for sale ?
R tech won't map anything from over here cause of the fuel they only
Map cars that can get Ron 99 etc thats
How they make such good numbers over there, looking well I still need to fit my rear diffuser lol

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Thought you sold This or was it up for sale ?
R tech won't map anything from over here cause of the fuel they only
Map cars that can get Ron 99 etc thats
How they make such good numbers over there, looking well I still need to fit my rear diffuser lol

It was sold a couple of time bud, first guy left a deposit then came back 2 days later to say he couldn't get insurance.

Second time a young lad came to look at it. Left a deposit then his mum wanted to see it. she wouldn't let him buy it because (it made a funny sound). GFB diverter valve 😂.

I've decided fate wants me to keep it a while longer!

If R-Tech won't map it then I'll just take it back to Torquetronix. David knows his stuff!

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Definitely take it to R-Tech if you can, I bought my old mk2 cupra in England and it had already been mapped by R-Tech. Switchable map from stock - 300 - 330ish via the brake/throttle pedal while on igniton only.

I never thought about 99Ron fuel until I had it home, so rang and asked them. They said it would need mapped for our fuel or put back to the factory map etc., but I took it up to AutoTune with a tank full of BP Ultimate and got Ryan to run logs on it/do a health-check while doing runs on the dyno.

At WOT in 5th the ECU was only pulling 1 degree of timing, no issues whatsoever. It was logged at 333bhp on the R-Tech dyno and it made 331 on Autotune's with BP Ultimate. Ryan told me there was nothing wrong with the map and to drive on. The ECU is always smarter than the remap file anyway! I owned it for 14 months and never had any issues.

Miss that car a lot.

IMG_20180812_210659_355.jpg

Mackers91

RMS Regular
OP
Mackers91
Definitely take it to R-Tech if you can, I bought my old mk2 cupra in England and it had already been mapped by R-Tech. Switchable map from stock - 300 - 330ish via the brake/throttle pedal while on igniton only.

I never thought about 99Ron fuel until I had it home, so rang and asked them. They said it would need mapped for our fuel or put back to the factory map etc., but I took it up to AutoTune with a tank full of BP Ultimate and got Ryan to run logs on it/do a health-check while doing runs on the dyno.

At WOT in 5th the ECU was only pulling 1 degree of timing, no issues whatsoever. It was logged at 333bhp on the R-Tech dyno and it made 331 on Autotune's with BP Ultimate. Ryan told me there was nothing wrong with the map and to drive on. The ECU is always smarter than the remap file anyway! I owned it for 14 months and never had any issues.

Miss that car a lot.

That's good to know mate cheers! What splitter is that on the front of yours can you remember? Looking for one atm. Been looking at the Maxton design one.