MK5 Golf rear wiper issue

ali619

RMS Regular
So this has been an ongoing issues on the wifes car and I need to get it sorted.

To cut a long story short, the was in a small bump, where her car was rear ended, since then the boot open warning light has been on the dash constantly. The boot closes and lock with no problem. Since then the rear wiper doesn’t work.

Now I assume that because the car thinks the boot is open the rear wiper wont activate? I suspect the rear wiper is fine, I need to take this out to confirm, but if that is the case. Is there a way to trick the computer into thinking the boot is closed so we can get the rear wiper to work?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Possibly a broken wire at the section between tailgate and body. For the light I would guess the latch is damaged, replace the latch. A scan on VCDS would probably confirm

ali619

RMS Regular
OP
ali619
So I've replaced the latch, but the issue is still there.

Any other ideas I could try? Would Vagcom give me the ability to permanently trick the car into thinking the boot is closed?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What part of the world are you in, someone close by might be able to scan it with VCDS, but as said most likely the latch or broken wire.