MK5 GTI, better to go straight to stage 2 plus?

AndyMacNI

RMS Member
Happening all, got myself a MK5 GTI DSG that I'm looking to get a few more ponies out of. Car is completely standard atm, and am looking a map obviously. Question is should I wait to get everything in place to get to stage 2 or stage 2+, as I don't know if there is value in going stage 1 then having to pay more further down the line to go to stage 2?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
If its Revo, I'm nearly sure if you go stage 1 now that you only pay the difference for stage 2 when you do it later but I may be wrong? @pobmk4

sam_9n

RMS Regular
When I got Revo I just had to pay the difference from stage 1 to 2, which then was £80. If you can afford to do it in one go and get all the parts then I’d do that. Personal preference.

AndyMacNI

RMS Member
OP
AndyMacNI
That doesn't sound bad just having to pay the difference. Where would be best, close to Bangor preferably, that does Revo mapping?

sam_9n

RMS Regular
@Graham is the franchise down bangor on Green road heading towards 6 road ends! Chris who does the mapping is a top guy

AndyMacNI

RMS Member
OP
AndyMacNI
Spot on! Cheers, I'll definitely be giving them a shout. Have you any sort of rough idea on the pricing at all?

sam_9n

RMS Regular

Prices all on here.

Lee

RMS Regular
Stage 1 is still well worth going for if you don't want to buy everything at once. Stage 1 is 260+ bhp and stage 2 only gets you up to 280/290 isn't that right? Limited by the ko3

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Spot on! Cheers, I'll definitely be giving them a shout. Have you any sort of rough idea on the pricing at all?

@Graham is the franchise down bangor on Green road heading towards 6 road ends! Chris who does the mapping is a top guy

For various reasons, I'm very much in the background these days.

The upgrade pricing structure changed last year and I can't recall exactly what way it works now.

If Bangor is handy to you, give Chris (the other half of TG Performance NI) a ring on 07736314465.

Thanks
That’s interesting, the deco website states £399 for a map for my Golf, I always thought they were a lot dearer than that 🤔
GTD I assume? Prices are plus vat.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One thing with Revo on MK5 GTI's is that if the battery is disconnected or goes flat, it drops the map and needs reactivated by your dealer. Worth bearing in mind, and would put me off payng the premiem for Revo on a MK5.

Pay the difference between maps is a great offer though.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
One thing with Revo on MK5 GTI's is that if the battery is disconnected or goes flat, it drops the map and needs reactivated by your dealer. Worth bearing in mind, and would put me off payng the premiem for Revo on a MK5.

Pay the difference between maps is a great offer though.
An SPS switch allows you to reactivate yourself and can be got used for humble money.