Mk5 GTI door skin query

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Can anyone confirm if outer door skins on mk5 golfs are the same across models? I need a drivers one for the 06 gti (3dr) & there’s a 07 3dr 2.0 diesel for breaking nearby with one available but no amount of googling has left me any wiser. Any vw experts confirm or deny? I think they would be the same but I’m not known for my auto mechanical knowledge unfortunately.

Cheers

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Just make sure you fit the bolts back in the holes they came out of. They're different lengths, and can damage the skin if fitted into the wrong holes. A body shop did this to a good mates Mk5 a few years back, and when he took the car to another body shop, they said it was a common problem as loads of people don't know.

Good luck

Cooks

RevT

RMS Regular
Just make sure you fit the bolts back in the holes they came out of. They're different lengths, and can damage the skin if fitted into the wrong holes. A body shop did this to a good mates Mk5 a few years back, and when he took the car to another body shop, they said it was a common problem as loads of people don't know.

Good luck

Cooks

Yep, I nearly got caught out too.