Mk5 GTI droplink

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Replacing the drop links on a mk5 gti. The wee Allen key bit at the end of the droplink itself has rounded, and I can’t get a good enough grip of it with vice grips to stop it spinning when I loosen the nut.

Any tips for getting them off? I don’t have the tools available to cut it off or an impact gun.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Have u pulled the boot off and tried the vice grips in there?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Unfortunately the best and easiest way is to chop them off. Have you not even got a hacksaw?

RevT

RMS Regular
Cut, cut, cut. Somehow get stuff to cut it. Pain in the balls to do anything else.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
You're gonna need a grinder, a hacksaw or irwin vice grips (the only ones to have)

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Aye I have a hacksaw at my parents house. I’ll ask them to leave it outside in their drive and get it tomorrow at some point! Was hoping there’d be an easier way just!
Cheers lads

Boksic

RMS Regular
Aye I have a hacksaw at my parents house. I’ll ask them to leave it outside in their drive and get it tomorrow at some point! Was hoping there’d be an easier way just!
Cheers lads

Click and collect a grinder somewhere, or Amazon one, it'll pay for itself with this one job, and save you hassle every time after this that you need it!!