MK6 GTI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Decided I needed a runaround/daily, mainly because I am sticking quite a lot of miles on the Giulia driving round Belfast. I also really really like it and want to keep it good which wrecking round town won’t do.

Another reason was taking my arthritic dog “Murphy” to the vets once every two weeks for acupuncture. It was becoming a proper pain in the arse, he wasn’t comfy sitting up front in the car, and I wasn’t comfy having him slobbering all over the seats. Something had to be done.

ABCC4FDC-8640-44CD-896C-EE6A3A93FF20.jpeg

Looked at various options and ended up with a 09 Mk6 GTI 3 Door DSG in white with full leather, winter pack, DCC etc...Needs a clean but overall very happy, previous owner was a gent and has obviously looked after her very well.

82A8B11B-9DB2-446A-97BA-4504F8323314.jpeg

B050F611-2F9E-40F7-8DA0-E8AA83B6F28A.jpeg

ABC12FDB-FE30-42CB-895D-DD42ED5B3054.jpeg

F0EE42CE-656B-4EF1-A4FD-1536F3FE9131.jpeg

7B342DAC-69EE-4B6B-B10D-AB951B774AA3.jpeg

0BF10C25-022E-42E6-B720-1EDA4C379486.jpeg

Last edited:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Poor Murphy :worried: Hope he likes the GTi! Nice choice and Nice Spec :grinning:

He will be a lot happier in the back of this for sure, as will I be :grinning:. Going to give the Giulia a real good clean this weekend as it won’t be doing daily duties any more (y)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Did you buy it near where the first picture was taken?
Hard to beat a good GTi!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Superb, Murphy is a spoiled boy!

Such a great daily, and with petrol 10ppl cheaper these days it doesn't really justify selling your petrolhead soul for a reeky derv.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Lovely Phil! Is that totally standard Body wise? I have never noticed the profile of the sill on GTi's before.

It will be great for duties, didn't think we would see you back in a golf so quickly after the R!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Lovely Phil! Is that totally standard Body wise? I have never noticed the profile of the sill on GTi's before.

It will be great for duties, didn't think we would see you back in a golf so quickly after the R!

Yeah std..Neither did I tbh, nothing else really ticked all the boxes for the money I wanted to spend.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lovely, super fresh looking in white!

Get yourself a Flash Magic Eraser in Tesco and go round the steering wheel with it to remove the shine (y).

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’ve used it a few times now. To be fair it was usually a few weeks before I sold a car to help the appearance of the wheel, so I don’t know on how long it lasts. But it’s £2 for a pair so even if it only lasts a couple of months it wouldn’t be the end of the world doing it again! It completely removes the shine and returns and Matte leather finish. It’s quite a feat.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
I’ve used it a few times now. To be fair it was usually a few weeks before I sold a car to help the appearance of the wheel, so I don’t know on how long it lasts. But it’s £2 for a pair so even if it only lasts a couple of months it wouldn’t be the end of the world doing it again! It completely removes the shine and returns and Matte leather finish. It’s quite a feat.

Bloody brilliant mate will get one today..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.