Mk7 Golf Adaptive cruise control recalibration

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Would anyone be able to sort a friend out, he needs the adaptive cruise control recalibrated on his 2015 Golf GTD. He is located in Larne but willing to travel.

Thanks

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Thanks @Marc we haven’t made the jump for ADAS yet as it’s a considerable investment to do right and haven’t seen much demand for it at present.

As mentioned see VW or a modern accident repair centre as I’m sure they’re doing wheel alignment and ADAS all the time.

Probably need to check the wheel alignment checked and adjusted too.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
OP
sam_9n
Thanks for all the replies fellas, I’ll forward on all information.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Dub tec ballymoney @pobmk4

Unfortunately not, the money is have to spend on the ADAS equipment would be ridiculous, if I had a bay to do wheel alignment, acc and camera calibrations then I would buy it, but the demand for it isn't quite there as I have other people who do this for me.

ACC calibration is on the VW fixed price menu afaik. We charge £180 I think for doing it (Edwin Mays)

That's interesting to know, I had a copy of an insurance repair that came from Agnew bodyshop and they charged £335 for the calibration alone, after a radar replacement. (Pity the quality of the repair didn't match the price that was paid 😂 )

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
CH Autoservices in Magherafelt I’m sure could do it for you

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
That's interesting to know, I had a copy of an insurance repair that came from Agnew bodyshop and they charged £335 for the calibration alone, after a radar replacement. (Pity the quality of the repair didn't match the price that was paid 😂 )
Years ago we were charging £400 per calibration, as were all the mainland dealers, to try and recoup the cost of the tooling, then like I said the past few years has been a fixed menu price across the board (meant to be anyway). We get a lot of cars in for calibration where a second hand radar unit has been fitted which isn't compatible with the car and ODIS won't let the set up be carried out. There are early and late model radar systems which can't be interchanged. Something to watch out for.