Mk7 Golf GTI Washer Fluid Warning

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I believe the sensor is faulty as its warning even when reservoir is full. Can the sensor be accessed via the arch liner? Or does it need the bumper off too replace the sensor?

Once refitted, does it need coded or anything stupid?

dddrrift

RMS Regular
correct, its built into the bottle. passenger front bumper corner is the bottle location. should have a pic of my mk7 GTD one.
bottle is a bit of a mare to order also, the black bottle seems discontinued and only a white bottle is supplied now and they are not quite the same.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
assuming a mk7 GTD and a Gti are similar.. thats the plug on the bottle for the level sensor. you can just join the wires or bridge the plug to get rid of the warning if your stuck. other than that its a replace the bottle job

Attachments

• C216BF3E-A632-41ED-BFC2-ACB0092CEEA8.png
    C216BF3E-A632-41ED-BFC2-ACB0092CEEA8.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 24

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
Interesting. Now mine is a white bottle so maybe the white bottle has the removable one unlike the black one??? I don't know. But putting in the car details I was able to order an individual sensor so maybe that's the difference between black and white bottles.

Where were you able to access from for the pic? Wheel arch? Fog light? Or bumper off?

dddrrift

RMS Regular
strange, there is a load of different bottles available in fairness. filler neck is white but mine was a black bottle thats now discontinued, 2015 car. the white one is what comes up for me now when i look it up. your looking right at the sensor on mine with the arch liner out, windscreen pump is below it, headlight washer pump is round the opposite side

cupraricky

RMS Regular
OP
cupraricky
strange, there is a load of different bottles available in fairness. filler neck is white but mine was a black bottle thats now discontinued, 2015 car. the white one is what comes up for me now when i look it up. your looking right at the sensor on mine with the arch liner out, windscreen pump is below it, headlight washer pump is round the opposite side
The one I'm looking to replace is mid 2016, be interesting to see. Awaiting the part probably take a look at the weekend. Handy to know wheel arch though so cheers. Fingers crossed it's white lol

dddrrift

RMS Regular
must be one of the last mk7's then! could well be different in that case! you can maybe see the top of it looking down the back of the headlight lol its bolted to the side of the chassis leg!