Mk7 GTi PP

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yeah something like that - not 100% sure on the gains compared to the real thing but if it didnt bother you too much its a decent way to go

Turbo muffler, intake pipe and R600 would smoothen the air flow to the turbo for sure

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
Class! A GTI is hard to beat. Unquestionable pedigree. I nearly pulled the trigger on one just like this earlier this year but it didn’t have the cloth seats which are a must for me.

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Stuck a personal plate on it.
20230304_164623.jpg

Have put about 3k on the car since purchase.

Get around 36-40mpg which I think is amazing.

Really want to put a few bits on it like an intake/res delete but worried about resale etc.

Have notice a click when steering as seen below only when stationary tho.

as always ready for comments and advice / criticism.

CurtisG

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Love the GTI in white, the way the red stripe stands out makes it look a bit more special.

Loved my GTI it was good when I got it but brilliant after I’d lived with it. We’d like another but prices are high.

Health to drive!

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Love the GTI in white, the way the red stripe stands out makes it look a bit more special.

Loved my GTI it was good when I got it but brilliant after I’d lived with it. We’d like another but prices are high.

Health to drive!
I love mine now, great all rounder.

I paid higher than 2 years ago but got what think was the best used example for miles/money/spec

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Plate looks great! Was it @Burt2000 ’s? Or did he have a similar one on the Classic?

What noise does a steering rack make when it goes? I know they can go on some of the VAG stuff (S3 anyway).

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Plate looks great! Was it @Burt2000 ’s? Or did he have a similar one on the Classic?

What noise does a steering rack make when it goes? I know they can go on some of the VAG stuff (S3 anyway).
It was @Nicky Glanza first and I got in touch about buying but my dad was really ill at the time and the money needed to be put to better use , then @Burt2000 owned it and once he was selling it i had to have it for sentiment sake...

I really hope its not a rack and is something like a tie rod etc. It's under warranty still so will be going back regardless

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
It was @Nicky Glanza first and I got in touch about buying but my dad was really ill at the time and the money needed to be put to better use , then @Burt2000 owned it and once he was selling it i had to have it for sentiment sake...

I really hope its not a rack and is something like a tie rod etc. It's under warranty still so will be going back regardless
Didn’t even notice the Reg 😂😂 looks smart 👍👍

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Stuck a RamAir panel filter in it and removed the snow guard (managed not to break any tabs which was a bonus). Wee bit more turbo noise that's about it. Want a black intake pipe and turbo muffler delete. Slight upgrades but looking OEM.
IMG-20230415-WA0003.jpeg

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Fitted an aftermarket turbo inlet & intake pipe for a bargain price of £30 hose alone probably costs 70/80.

Ignore the stupidly oversized jubilee clip I'll be swapping it out for a more reasonable one.
IMG-20230513-WA0005.jpeg
Bit more noise... and slightly more get up and go about it.
20230513_153930.jpg

I'm probably going to git a turbo muffler delete and possibly a res delete? Not sure if it will be too noisy though! Also been looking at a carly/obd2 for unlocking some stuff but not sure where to look. Also need a new red stripe on the grille as I have lacquer peel on mine. Not sure where to look also. Fun fun fun.

Last edited:

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Not much to report

Great daily. Managed to kerb 2 alloys so need to look into colours/refurb options.

Got it serviced at Belfast serviced centre , lsd oil change also for peace of mind.

Got it detailed by an RMSer and the pics speak for themself!
93f31f83-830e-4239-b824-82fdebf18785.jpeg
f965bee3-5662-41a2-a164-c76fd0ebc4a9.jpeg
6f0593ff-8098-4f98-a16a-945b642e438c.jpeg
98b1bdce-16c7-4f1c-8c41-e09992317a22.jpeg

Attachments

• 1cdfc4ff-f09f-419c-a853-60acaa535463.jpeg
    1cdfc4ff-f09f-419c-a853-60acaa535463.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 0