Mk8 GTi Clubsport

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Having looked a number of different cars recently (mk7/7.5 R / M135i / A45 / C45 then a whole load of random nonsense as I was getting bored), then my GTD just wouldn't sell.
Fast forward to two weeks ago, Peter Vardy cars called me, offered me exactly what I wanted for it and paid to have the standard suspension installed! They were superb to deal with (Local guy Ryan).
At the same time Agnews made contact to say this had just arrived and was at Woodsides awaiting collection and PDI. Went for a test drive and the deal was done fairly quickly afterwards.
So far, I love it! Really capable thing, drives nicely, packs a good punch and there is no torque steer at all.
VW Information;
"The Clubsport sticks with a 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder petrol engine, but it's 296bhp output is an increase of 54bhp over the regular GTI. Torque steps up too, to 400Nm (30Nm more than in the regular Mk8 GTI). To avoid too much overlap with the 316bhp Golf R drive is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox – there is no manual option.

With the power gains, the Clubsport is able to cover the 0-62mph benchmark in just 5.6 seconds, making this the fastest production Golf GTI ever."

IMG_2196.JPEG
IMG_2198.JPEG
IMG_2199.JPEG
IMG_2316.JPEG
IMG_2353.JPEG

07279dbf-c66c-410f-ac7a-935e0fcf87c6.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Very nice! Being a GTI I'm sure it's good to drive too.

Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6
HTD - lovely looking car and same as Lyons it has grown on me

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Looks great, they are a great car but still have some niggles. The wife has her mk8 GTi now 5 weeks and it’s great fun.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Is that not the same power output as the 7.5 GTI TCR?

Its certainly the same 0-62 time.

Looks well, but those wheels have to go.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
At least you have yours…. Ordered mine in March and still no confirmed build date 😢

Looks really really well, haven’t actually seen a Clubsport up close yet 🙈

davyk31

RMS Regular
Nearly bought one of these earlier in the year but couldn’t find one with the upgraded 19” wheels which for me would be essential. Plenty of options now for aftermarket upgrade although does cost a few quid or a few English dealers were offering them with a set of genuine 19” Brescia wheels which look good on the Clubsport.