MkV Golf GTI Edition 30

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Picked this up a few months ago to replace the S3, which I begrudgingly sold to a good friend.

I had never been in a MkV GTI Golf before, but their reputation precedes them on RMS and after a few days of ownership I completely understand why, such a great all rounder.

The car is absolutely immaculate and a real credit to the fastidious previous owners, all the usual dodgy areas you hear about on the MkV are thankfully perfect on this one.

It’s a pretty basic spec, but the tech on these is 11 years old now so none of it would be very appealing anyway.

Picked it up and got it booked in with @pobmk4 for a full service and health check, it wasn’t due a service but I always like doing it for peace of mind. New Lambda sensor and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s and that’s all I’ve done.

Thinking of a change soon though, so if anyone fancies an immaculate Edition 30 just drop me a PM.

43BF841C-7AA1-4E9B-AFE1-6DA7A723CF30.jpeg
1CD00417-1D2E-4C07-8DE9-D14FDF15F3C2.jpeg
CF9DB554-1522-49B6-ADA5-9EE463007AF3.jpeg
3424B31F-390F-4175-9F0F-5C1960035AED.jpeg
8B6090F3-AA9C-4280-ADB0-5EBD06F9601D.jpeg
84796805-3C2F-472B-B165-A0430E07A96A.jpeg
62DD1CDF-6940-4C11-A6E1-710A0D80FFFE.jpeg
F9B18084-AC5E-4962-B4AC-A4CFCE25E949.jpeg
8BEE08DC-5FD7-49A8-A8AF-55DB679C5E7D.jpeg
1AD05B00-7C43-4BCB-96B0-B4B49BA25EF0.jpeg
34F93457-F686-49E1-914B-F55FCDB91F06.jpeg

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Excellent, massively regret selling mine a couple of years ago. All I had planned was springs, exhaust and a map.

Nice touch is the plaque you can get from VW with the build number on it. For you or the next owner just message this page and they sent it free of charge

855BAC44-AB37-4025-BB8F-CD2FA29B7D79.png

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
One to put away and enjoy in nice weather as it looks and sounds like a minter. These will definitely be a future classic. So tuneable too, they make a great sleeper.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Lovely. My mate has owned a black 3dr one since new and still loves it. Lives in the port so you've probably seen it about.

Shouldn't sit too long.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Looks a minter! Starting to age quite nicely these, no doubt a future classic.

Thanks Bob, yeah I think so too, and for me Reflex Silver is aging better than any of the other colours.

Looks lovely in silver.

Never been a big VW fan but always take a second glance when I see one of these.

Likewise Ryan, cheers!

VW definately got it right with these. So tuneable too!

Revo map is meant to be the job for them, but I will leave that for the next owner.

Lovely. Looks so fresh in silver. Silver is my favourite colour in a lot of cars now because so many other colours have become so common.

Totally agree, I've always been a fan of silver cars, I have my Dad to thank for that as he almost always buys silver. I think it's a colour that's making a bit of a come back after being so uncool for so long.

Love these, that one looks real nice(y)

Thanks mate.

That’s lovely - perfect all rounder !

Cheers Craig.

Beaut!

Cheers!

Fantastic example of a future classic.

Could be yours! :p

Excellent, massively regret selling mine a couple of years ago. All I had planned was springs, exhaust and a map.

Nice touch is the plaque you can get from VW with the build number on it. For you or the next owner just message this page and they sent it free of charge

View attachment 256782

Thanks, the previous owners had never done this, so I wrote to VW and got the plaque. It's in the history folder now.

One to put away and enjoy in nice weather as it looks and sounds like a minter. These will definitely be a future classic. So tuneable too, they make a great sleeper.

Definitely a sleeper, I would imagine with a map it would be a complete weapon. Handling is unreal, but I feel the brakes would need upgraded to cope with the extra power. Maybe even just upgraded pads, hoses and fluid would do.

So it's a for sale add then 🤔

No idea what you mean! lol

Nice one G, looks great!

Cheers Boydieson.

thats lovely!

Cheers.

Lovely. My mate has owned a black 3dr one since new and still loves it. Lives in the port so you've probably seen it about.

Shouldn't sit too long.

I saw a black one in Ballycastle a few weeks ago actually, could've been it !

Sweet mate lol

health to enjoy!

Sweet m8!

Nice, love these, health to drive, great colour and condition....something a little bit special

Thanks mate.

I think that might be my old one. Great to see it still looking for fresh and still one of the best cars I've owned.

Really?! That would be cool if it was your old car. I wonder how we could check if it is?