Model land rovers

e320mark

RMS Regular
Hopefully this is in the right place! I’m looking for a specific land rover model, it’s an RUC hotspur one. Does anyone know of any model shops in or around Belfast who stock or build these?
I’m wanting to get a model either bought or made from the era when my dad served in the police.

Attachments

• FAC1439B-409A-428A-8295-BE5F6E4F5399.png
    FAC1439B-409A-428A-8295-BE5F6E4F5399.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 491

bigZ

RMS Regular
There’s a model shop in Smithfield Market who sell the old RUC landies. He has one on display in the window, not sure of scale etc but looks the part!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
There’s a model shop in Smithfield Market who sell the old RUC landies. He has one on display in the window, not sure of scale etc but looks the part!

I can confirm, he had at least one when I was last down. Bit of a rude bellend to deal with though.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I can confirm, he had at least one when I was last down. Bit of a rude bellend to deal with though.

Lol, any time my brother is in Belfast he goes in for a nosey and moves stuff about on the shelves and it appears to drive the owner mental.. He went ape**** at a youngster for walking heavy on the ground upstairs as the whole shop shakes. Grumpy hoor!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Lol, any time my brother is in Belfast he goes in for a nosey and moves stuff about on the shelves and it appears to drive the owner mental.. He went ape**** at a youngster for walking heavy on the ground upstairs as the whole shop shakes. Grumpy hoor!

I got the exact same treatment 😂 I was in looking a model for my dad and was treated like a thief (this was before moving to Larne too) the whole time. Asking why I was taking so long upstairs etc. Needless to say I left empty handed but returned at a later date when this nice wee Chavy girl was working and was much more pleasant to deal with.:joy:

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I have one of these, it was given to my dad when he changed stations. It was totally scratch built by one of his colleagues. It's been sat in a cabinet for years think I need to give it a dust lol

SDC10090 (Medium).JPG
SDC10091 (Medium).JPG
SDC10092 (Medium).JPG
SDC10093 (Medium).JPG

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Yip thats correct. He got it when he left Andy town, not sure when that was. But he took the big payout and took early retirement when it changed from the RUC to PSNI so before that

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Yip thats correct. He got it when he left Andy town, not sure when that was. But he took the big payout and took early retirement when it changed from the RUC to PSNI so before that

Going by his force number he joined in the 70s. But this is off topic. Apparently the boy who made them made them for loads of guys at the time with any personalisation.

Pretty cool to see still!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Check out the Ex Military LANDROVER forum there are a lot of model makers on there. I bought one of those RUC Land Rovers years ago but can’t remember where from.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Accurate armour was the make of model kit I had for the RUC Land Rover. It was very detailed.

Dave..

RMS Regular
My Dad was always nominated driver as most of them were scared of it as the steering was all over the place with it being so heavily armoured.
My mate had the pleasure of being in one that was rolled on the West link, he was in the back and said he felt like he was in a washing machine.

e320mark

RMS Regular
OP
e320mark
So I managed to get into Belfast today. They have one in the window on display which they won’t sell. The guy who supplied them has now retired and they don’t know if anyone else will be taking it over!
I have messaged and phoned accurate armour and nothing up to now!
Just wish they would sell me the one in the window!
82AC6C94-D7BF-40A5-A3AF-CAA5F4729326.jpeg