Mondello Track Day Dates 2021

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Must be something about high revving NA engines then, but surely they sell Swift's and clio sports to the Republic anyway? And they don't have the choice of anything but 95.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Must be something about high revving NA engines then, but surely they sell Swift's and clio sports to the Republic anyway? And they don't have the choice of anything but 95.

They sell all sorts down there. Must just not run as well.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Yeah it says inside my fuel cap to use super unleaded only.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anyway, easy to bring a can of you want. No big deal. I did both with the S3, brought my own cans of fuel and used the local stuff, was just fine either way. And that too said 98 on the lid, and after the remap.

The Hondus I've always used the local stuff. It's about as high revving NA you'd get and it runs perfectly fine on absolutely everything.

They're all calibrated on all sorts of fuel, nobody sells a car for just one country. They all adapt. You just don't get the last two horses on lower octane fuel. And that's before we get to what "octane" actually is. For example, you'll get a couple more horses out of E10 than from E5, regardless of octane rating.

All assuming sensible tune obviously. At the extreme end things change but that's a different story.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is it well enough signposted to get into the paddock with a trailer? Want to avoid going the wrong way with the trailer on Friday.

2021-09-15 13_12_28-Mondello Park - Google Maps.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes. Only the main gate will be open, and from there it's straight across the track and into the paddock. Couldn't be easier. There's a longer drive into the paddock at Kirkistown :innocent:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yeah I’m going.
I wish mine was on a trailer, usually something breaks on mine. :joy:

What time do you plan on getting there for? The email says the afternoon session starts at 2? But doesn’t say what time to be there for?

Took this earlier to remind myself.

I reckon aim to be there for 1ish?

EE35EB23-9619-4507-AC8C-153B8EF1FFE0.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There's usually both sign-on and then a briefing, and you won't get on track if you miss either. Add time for lunch, prep, etc. There should be a schedule of timings. Be there in good time if you don't have the schedule. The 2pm time will be when the track goes live.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I was just getting my head round it when the day was over! couple of bits look the same coming into corners but end up very different!!

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Yep, awesome day! Loads of track time and Mondello is a great circuit. It will definitely take longer to master than Kirkistown.

Thanks for taking me out in the GR @Cooper, that things a weapon! I couldn’t get over the grip it has.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I was just getting my head round it when the day was over! couple of bits look the same coming into corners but end up very different!!

That’s exactly it. Last 4 or 5 laps of the day everything was starting to come together. Before that it was like watching my mum drive a track day! Brutal!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Some of the corners have several lines as well. And in the wet the lines change again. Great circuit, been far too long, must get down again next year.