Mondello Track Day Dates 2021

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I just checked the go-pro footage of the passenger run in @Cooper ‘s Yaris. Hoping to see the BMW in front which decided to try drifting and ended up facing us.
I’ve got 8 minutes of a Yaris dashboard. I should of held it up higher. 🤦‍♂️

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
A few of us have booked the Trackskills day on Monday 1st August if anyone else fancies a run down.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Excellent. See you down there.

We're heading down for the whole day so should see you about.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I’m heading down to this hopefully

Done a few of their trackdays in past and have always been a great day

C392FA45-2C8F-41EC-AC2F-BCF2704EF84D.jpeg

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
No probs found it. Does mondello have a db limit?
Yeah. Last I remember it was a static limit of 105dB at about 3/4 max rpm, and at any event I've been to they've tested every car at the start of the session before you're allowed out on the track.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yeah. Last I remember it was a static limit of 105dB at about 3/4 max rpm, and at any event I've been to they've tested every car at the start of the session before you're allowed out on the track.
Ok cool

I’m my iPhone db meter will give me close enough reading. Thx

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Booked.

I wasn't tested last year but that might be something to do with doing afternoon only or because the car is quiet anyway.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I was tested but might not have quite made the rpm asked for. Was still like 94 or something in the vx220 which wasn’t subtle.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A few of us have booked the Trackskills day on Monday 1st August if anyone else fancies a run down.
Oh, didn't realise they have a trackskills day at Mondello! That sounds great. If I can fit it into my busy gardening leave schedule :innocent: 😅

As above, I usually use trackdays.ie for Mondello days. Just a bit nicer and less banger racing than the "official" days.

Edit: I've never been tested down there. They used to have a fixed sensor at one of the corners and pull in cars that tripped that. But you had to be very loud to trigger it.

It may have changed and got more strict though. As everything else these days...

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'll try and get down on the 1st for a half day if I'm home! Just need tyres for the Saxo and ideally lowered a touch, handles like a boat still

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’m booked half day, but I’m towing and don’t want to get up early 😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lads, apologies I missed you today. I know @Mont was there because I saw you on track. Spotted Des in the Leon too. I literally spent 10 mins in the paddock the whole afternoon. Loo break and to refuel. The rest of the time I was out. Couldn’t spot anyone in the paddock when I arrived either.

Fantastic days craic even in the rain!

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Lads, apologies I missed you today. I know @Mont was there because I saw you on track. Spotted Des in the Leon too. I literally spent 10 mins in the paddock the whole afternoon. Loo break and to refuel. The rest of the time I was out. Couldn’t spot anyone in the paddock when I arrived either.

Fantastic days craic even in the rain!

The Swift looked so capable out there today!

The morning was great craic. Sun out and got a bit burnt. A nice mix of cars, some well behaved, some not so well behaved, as usual with Mondello.

The afternoon was less fun. It was fine when it was just damp but as it got wetter I couldn’t get much grip in the tyres.

50CBB684-B71C-44A4-A61C-736EE2BFFFB1.jpeg
1FD25BEB-AD68-452B-BFEE-51181016C7F4.jpeg
659719BC-74D2-40D7-99E7-F00E8DE99845.jpeg
19100713-C619-4CC5-B810-3D1C81AB80F8.jpeg
5287883E-211C-4C9D-98FB-8A0FC8A86B43.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mondello gets like ice in places when it gets wet. You learn the wet lines after a while, make a big difference there, and then it's not so bad. But it keeps you on your toes for sure.