Mondello Track Day Friday 2nd Oct

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes no super so bring plenty with you. Last time I was out I nearly ran out of petrol but the clutch decided it had had enough just before I was due to pit. Open pit is great. Must have done about 90 minutes solid in one go :grinning:

Definitely need to get back out again but would like a bit more power first. Enjoy!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Super or unleaded isn't the end of the world for one day on track. Maybe it "costs" a tenth if that but that's it, lol. Just fill up and keep running.

Mondello is very different from Kirkistown. It's not a power track, it's a technical track and brilliant fun. You can stay out much longer and just enjoy it trying to perfect some of those corners.

You'll have a ball there, not jealous at all :innocent:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I know, but as long as it is on the OEM ECU then it will still run fine on standard unleaded. You'll just "lose" 1 bhp or whatever.

I run the turbo cars on super but occasionally it's not available and they get a tank of standard unleaded.

Does no harm at all, even the one "mapped" for 99. The OEM ECU deals with all that - varying fuel quality, temperatures, altitude, cold start, etc. Even different brands of "super" run differently. Never mind "super" can be anything from 97-99 in the UK. Then different amounts of ethanol mixed in at the pump, and so on.

An OEM ECU "mapped" for a particular fuel grade just means it's optimised to give peak power with that. Doesn't mean it can't run on anything else.

Standard 95 is close enough, not like its suddenly crude oil or something :innocent:

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Bottle of pro boost if your stuck.

The full tank at newry and couple of Jerry cans is what I was planning aswel

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I know, but as long as it is on the OEM ECU then it will still run fine on standard unleaded. You'll just "lose" 1 bhp or whatever.

I run the turbo cars on super but occasionally it's not available and they get a tank of standard unleaded.

Does no harm at all, even the one "mapped" for 99. The OEM ECU deals with all that - varying fuel quality, temperatures, altitude, cold start, etc. Even different brands of "super" run differently. Never mind "super" can be anything from 97-99 in the UK. Then different amounts of ethanol mixed in at the pump, and so on.

An OEM ECU "mapped" for a particular fuel grade just means it's optimised to give peak power with that. Doesn't mean it can't run on anything else.

Standard 95 is close enough, not like its suddenly crude oil or something :innocent:
At what point are you going to post in these trackday threads that you are actually going to go :p Get booked!!!!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Guys I’d be interested in taking the lotus down to mondello.
Anyone going to Kirkistown tomorrow? That’s why I just flicked onto RMS to see if there was a thread. Sven good to see your name again are you coming out in my lotus tomorrow for a run?

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Guys I’d be interested in taking the lotus down to mondello.
Anyone going to Kirkistown tomorrow? That’s why I just flicked onto RMS to see if there was a thread. Sven good to see your name again are you coming out in my lotus tomorrow for a run?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Left this too late and no afternoon slots available now 😭 Have messaged organisers to be put on cancellation list!

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I’m getting trailered down now, so yous might pass us along the way.

Could people post a picture of their cars, cause that’s the only way I’ll find yous there :joy:

Mine

E416EE64-945F-45E6-A048-1C013041A1D7.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
If my wheels, tyres, brake pads, discs, lines and fluid all turn up before Friday then this 🤞🏻

20200818_160942.jpg

If not then I'll take this, but haven't even upgraded the pads or fluid yet so will definitely cook the brakes.

20191229_110815.jpg