mondeo DTC /DPF Errors

Misteron

Drives
Mondeo Mk4
Hi all,
I have a bit of a problem which I'm hoping you can give me a little help with please!
My car is a Mondeo Mk4 2.2 Tit X Estate. some years ago it underwent some "customizations", DPF removal, EGR blanking and re-mapped ECR, it was awsome, excelleration, speed and economy awsome, even the emmisions were amazing at 0.04. Everything was great until it started to drain the battery and cutting out, gave it to a mate who was a mechanic and he traced it to a faulty sensor but for some reason put it into Fords for an ECU upgrade, yes he did know it had been tuned but he thought it neede re-setting!!! so since then, around 3 years, It has had all the work done to tune it but no tuning but was running fine, just one eml error from the EGR blanking. Recently an EML error has appeared on the Converse screen so checked the ECR via the BD to see what the problem was and it was showing a P2002 error. Did a little homework and found that it was probably the DPF preassure hose's, ordered them up, fitted them, cleared the error log and hey presto still had the P2002 error so bit the bullet and replaced the preassure sensor. This made a difference but now I have the following errors:
P2002 particulate efficiancy below threshold additional information component internal failure
P0490 EGR control circuit high (expected)
P2453 particulate preassure sensor A circuit range/performance
P244A particulate differential preassure too low additional fault information signal compare failure

Any assistance very gratefully received.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
The DPF codes are all expected with a broken DPF and it’s associated loss of back pressure

Why they have only appeared now just shows how wide those have been set by Ford and also likely down to additional pressure drop now as somebody didn’t remove the DPF as well as they said they did or at all (they just switched off the diagnostics in the original map but didn’t modify the hardware)

Ultimately either replace the DPF or get the car mapped again

Misteron

OP
M
Drives
Mondeo Mk4
Thanks for the reply mk2driver. I've been meaning to get the re-map done again for a while, just not got round to it!! Last nigt I cleared the DTC and disconected the battery leaving it overnight. Reconnected the battery and as soon as I turned on the ignition, not turning or starting the engine, the Converse showed an engine fault and the EML came on, once the Converse engine error is cleared it dosn't come back on until you stop the engine and turn the ignition back on. So maybe it's not the DPF causing the error on the Converse. Plus did a 400 mile round trip today, car ran perfectly, no limp mode, no problems except the damn engine error which will fail the MOT which is due in 3 weeks!!!

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Thanks for the reply mk2driver. I've been meaning to get the re-map done again for a while, just not got round to it!! Last nigt I cleared the DTC and disconected the battery leaving it overnight. Reconnected the battery and as soon as I turned on the ignition, not turning or starting the engine, the Converse showed an engine fault and the EML came on, once the Converse engine error is cleared it dosn't come back on until you stop the engine and turn the ignition back on. So maybe it's not the DPF causing the error on the Converse. Plus did a 400 mile round trip today, car ran perfectly, no limp mode, no problems except the damn engine error which will fail the MOT which is due in 3 weeks!!!

Converse? Remember some DTCs will only set once per cycle so you clearing them means they won’t run again until an ignition cycle is complete

I wouldn’t expect those DTCs to do anything other than out on the MIL - I wouldn’t expect any limp home mode

Misteron

OP
M
Drives
Mondeo Mk4
Convers+ is the onboard computer display system,. Mmmm, I'm now wondering if I managed to cross the rubber pipes when a fitted the new preassure module!!!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I had one of these cars, 2.2 remapped. I had to replace the 2 rubber dpf pipes, easy job and did the trick. I used Forscan which is a free download for Windows and let's you diagnose and reset most things as far i could see. You just need elm327 cable from Tunnelrat or similar. Lots on online help available including dedicated forum.