More 'what bike' ramblings

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
@Mabb that's where I started with this! Lexmoto 125 scooter then a 125 venom then a 250 now a 390!
I want something that is still fun
Would love an old school stroker like a TDR 250 but hard to get in a dealer nowadays

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
What sorta fun are you hoping to have in a 3 mile London commute?

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
Inquired about a TDR250 on ebay but the seller was looking £4500!
Just noticed today it was unsold for £2300 similar money to what I was thinking for it!

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
Picked this little FZR400 up. Not really what I had in mind as a commuter but nostalgia took over me (y)
IMG_20180723_210203.jpg

End of the ramblings...for the time being anyway ;)

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
After sinking a grand into refreshing the brakes, suspension, carburetors, fuelling system, etc on the FZR it has developed low compression. Valves were replaced but looks like it needs a top end rebuild so i've decided to cut my losses and just get shot of it cheap.
Back on the hunt for a fun commuter and did the rounds yesterday. Shortlist as follows:

Tracer 900 GT
F750GS
Duke 690R
Duke 790

Am leaning towards the 790 atm - anyone give me any insight?

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
£500 bud. It will likely get broken for parts by whoever buys it .

boringdave

RMS Regular
Drives
81 mini city
whats the budget this time?
I have a mt09 tracer that would met your original budget if thats the sort of thing your looking. 2016 in mat grey and under 11k miles.

NotKG

Banned
Cheap scooter?
last time i was in london (2017) the bottom floor of the hotel was being refurbished, a few were bikers, they kept their bikes it the glass area inside the new main door area they built. well, one fella, with a matt black r1 like a copy of the one you used to have chained the frame to the post outside. that chain looked like £500 of super security. mega.
wife and i cane down on the saturday morning, there was the chain round the frame of the bike, holding good.
just the frame. tank, back arm and thesteering head and some wiring.
think i'd have rather cut the frame and chanced towing it off, than showing up with sockets to strip a bike.
i took pics, but its 3-4 phones ago , so lost now.
we heard and seen police chasing the scooter thiefs one night.
central london too.
crazy place. i wanna go back

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Just need an engine?

Doesn't seem that long ago when there were loads of 400s about and the size of entries in 400 races; must still be some decent engines around.

A distant memory tells me that a YZF600 engine can be made to fit. Could have been pint chat though.

Nigelhg

RMS Member
After sinking a grand into refreshing the brakes, suspension, carburetors, fuelling system, etc on the FZR it has developed low compression. Valves were replaced but looks like it needs a top end rebuild so i've decided to cut my losses and just get shot of it cheap.
Back on the hunt for a fun commuter and did the rounds yesterday. Shortlist as follows:

Tracer 900 GT
F750GS
Duke 690R
Duke 790

Am leaning towards the 790 atm - anyone give me any insight?

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Doesn't seem that long ago when there were loads of 400s about and the size of entries in 400 races; must still be some decent engines around.

A distant memory tells me that a YZF600 engine can be made to fit. Could have been pint chat though.

I know an ex racer that might have one or could certainly source me one

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
whats the budget this time?
I have a mt09 tracer that would met your original budget if thats the sort of thing your looking. 2016 in mat grey and under 11k miles.
Thanks bud but going to buy new on finance this time to cap future spending

Just need an engine?
Exup valve is also rattly and frame was found to be dented when the paint was removed from it!

I think an R6 lump also fits that frame

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I have an 09 550cc single husabwlerg supermoto that I would part with, hard to find something more fun around town. Pm me if your interested. I have it and the same 04 1000rr, perfect combination, but I am running out of room in the garage

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
I have an 09 550cc single husabwlerg supermoto that I would part with, hard to find something more fun around town. Pm me if your interested. I have it and the same 04 1000rr, perfect combination, but I am running out of room in the garage
Thanks bud thanks but buying new to cap monthly spending
Pretty much settled on the 790 now after reading the reviews (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.