MOT fail, HID with no washers or self levelling

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Those kph stickers will fail. Not accurate. Had the same issue with my evo and mine didn’t look like a child stuck them on. 🤣 had to stick them directly onto the speedo to pass.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Those kph stickers will fail. Not accurate. Had the same issue with my evo and mine didn’t look like a child stick them on. 🤣 had to stick them directly onto the speedo to pass.
Balls, don’t tell me that.
I’ll try and straighten them up a bit tomorrow with tweezers or something.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Easy enough to pull the Speedo out and stick directly to the dial.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
What have other people done with the speedo not showing kph? I didn’t really know what else to do?
I thought when you meant stickers it was a full face sticker rather than individuals. Surely there is a kit designed for the Forrester speedo?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Awww those stickers are the best thing ever hahah and the pipes
Really hope it passes!!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I thought when you meant stickers it was a full face sticker rather than individuals. Surely there is a kit designed for the Forrester speedo?
Nope. I spoke to lockwood 5 years ago to do a dual speedo but they wanted my speedo for a few weeks and 250/350 odd quid

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I couldn’t find anything. Torque GT changed the kph one to mph. I think what they did was change the software so the lever moves .62 slower? Then put a mph sticker over the kph.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
I really hope you pass, it would just sum up the complete farcical nature of this country and how its run.

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I thought the speedometer stickers were a photoshop lol fingers genuinely crossed for your retest

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I just sent the photos to Michael from OMA. He’s says it’s fine. They have to pass me. He’s does the same thing with all the cars he works on and everyone in Mallusk will have seen it a hundred times because that’s where he goes. 🤞

Edit;
He did mention he uses a clear template which fits on all the speedo screens but it’s essentially the same thing. 🤣

PAULW

RMS Regular
I just did my DC5 dials, made me +o( to have to do it.
IMG_20210109_160241078.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I take it the pipes are taped up the underside of the bonnet from the hinge, thus allowing it still to open? You haven’t just let the ends poke out from the engine bay then tape them back?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I take it the pipes are taped up the underside of the bonnet from the hinge, thus allowing it still to open? You haven’t just let the ends poke out from the engine bay then tape them back?

Yeah. It’s cable tied to the inside the bonnet. You can open and close it fine. The plan was to have it exit just above the headlight but the gap is too small and just squashes the pipe. Hence the weird taped up u-turn.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular

We expect an update before you leave the test centre lol. I've my fingers crossed for you. I hate MOT. It feels like being back at school and exam time. I'd hate it even more now that you can't see the car going through.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
We expect an update before you leave the test centre lol. I've my fingers crossed for you. I hate MOT. It feels like being back at school and exam time. I'd hate it even more now that you can't see the car going through.

I'd the car looked over myself and done a lot of work. I even left it down to a garage to get bushes put in to it and told them to check over it incase I'd missed something. Yet come the mot I was more nervous about that than I was when I lost my virginity! Still both took less time than I thought and both ended up with me going with a huge smile on face and busting to tell my mates

Last edited:

warren

RMS Photographer
I once had a 125cc bike fail for lack of KPH on the dials, I had some horrendous stickers stuck over the glass in a very similar fashion to yours and they passed it!

Best of luck!

Excited to see the outcome!